Chapter 17: Away From You

It's almost dawn, Maxee went home and Glay still wasn't around. She's been calling him but he wasn't answering. Lara is at work and Maxee is the only one at home.

She prepares food for dinner, cutting spices and ingredients. A few seconds later, Glay arrived.

"Hi, Max! Need a hand?" He said and walks to the kitchen.

She just ignored him.

"I got your calls.. I was just doing something so I didn't pick up."

She just keeps doing what she's doing. You can also notice that she's upset when she carelessly moves in the kitchen. She begins cutting the garlic faster.

"Hey... Why are you acting like i'm not here?" Glay humbly asked.

Maxee stopped and looked at him fiercely.

"Really? You think you can just do that? Go somewhere without telling me and not picking up my calls?" She yells.

"I'm sorry.... I get that you were worried, but i'm fine." He explains.

"Yeah? And what if something happens to you? I'm the one who's keeping you in my house. I'm the one living in this planet, helping you. and i'm the one responsible if something happens to you!" She said.

Glay was speechless. He doesn't want her to feel that way. Maxee just went back to cutting garlics but she was driven by her emotions and accidentally cuts her finger.

"Ow!" She looks at the cut on her finger. It was small but slightly big. She pinched it to bleed. "Ugh! Stupid knife!" She yells.

Glay walked close to her and and checks her finger. "Be careful! Let me see..."

Maxee pushed him away and said "Go away!"

Glay insisted and hugged her. Max just lets him and she puts her arms around him too.

Glay whispered to her while his arms are still wrapped around her and said;

"I'm sorry if I made you worry. I don't want to be a burden to you. I don't want you to think that i'm your responsibility. I can take care of myself, Maxee." He lets go. He looks at Maxee. You can see the sadness on her face. "That's why I have to move out of here." He added and looks down.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"I found a place to stay. They let me stay in one of their vacant units. In exhange, i'll be working at their bakery." He said.

"Glayden, you don't have to! You have so much to do. You can't have another responsibility."

"It's okay, Max. It's for the better. You don't have to help me anymore. You don't have to lie to people, answer my stupid questions. I'll be fine. I will work on this on my own."

"But I like helping you. You may be annoying sometimes but I like it when you're around. We're friends, right?"

"I know. We still are. You can still visit me. My place isn't that far from here."

Maxee agreed to him. Glay plans to move out tomorrow. He went to his room to fix his things while Maxee is busy on the other room studying.

While packing his things, his Stellarband glows. It means someone is calling him. He answered it. It was Azi. The hologram showed Azi's half body live in 3D.

"Azi!!! Oh goodness.. I've been waiting for you to call! You should've been out of quarantine 2 days ago, right?" Glay's tone of voice shows just how glad and excited he is.

"Glay!!! Yeah, I've been released from quarantine 6 days ago but they interviewed me after. So I wasn't able to use my band at that time. But now, i'm back in our fleet. I'm actually here in our room. The others aren't finished eating yet." He said.