CHAPTER 25: The Decision

"What are you talking about??" Azi asked. Confused and worried at the same time.

Glayden looked down and shook his head while both his arms are on his hips. His face just shows how hard it is to say the words.

"I... I don't think I can handle this anymore. I caused Maxee nothing but trouble, pain.. And now i'm putting her in danger." Glay said. He then looked at Azi and added "Staying here would be a selfish thing to do."

Glayden contacted SFR, Aries in particular. With the use of the stellarband, Glay was able to reach out to him and make a deal.

"Made up your mind, I guess?" Aries said arrogantly. The hologram project half his body, showing his face to his Hips. His arms wrapped around himself.

"Leave Maxee and everyone alone. I'll do as you say." Glay breathed with a low voice, looking on the floor.

"Very well, then. Azi will escort you back here. My people there will take care of the mess you made."

"Your people? Mess? What mess? I told you not to harm anyone! Only Maxee knows about me."

"Glayden Weiner, Filmann already told you about sector 5. There are more Orbinovians around you than you know. I will honor our deal. You come back here, I'll leave your friends alone."

"Then what are you talking about? The mess you said."

Aries paused.

"You can't leave a trace. No one should know about you." Glayden's forehead curled in confusion. Aries continued speaking. "My people, as I said, will erase their memory. Everything that involved you."

Glayden froze where he's standing, trying to process what he said, thinking "Erasing her memory? There will be no memories of me on her mind. It'll be like we never met. Maybe it's for the better. She's been through a lot already and I don't want our painful memory to remain on her like his father's death."

"How would you do that? Is that even possible?" Glayden asked.

"Of course it is. We managed to travel the universe and do more than you can imagine. Things like this is just a piece of cake to our scientists." He bragged. "It will be for the better. I'll give you time to prepare for your return. To say goodbye to the humans one last time. That's all."

Aries just shuts off his connection without even letting Glay talk one last time.

Glay sat on the floor, feeling weak and sad at the same time. Azi sat beside him and rubs him on the back.

"Hey, man.." Azi whispered. "Are you really sure you're going now?"

"Yeah... Maybe it's a good thing that Maxee won't remember me anymore. Maybe she would've been better off not meeting me. Not knowing me."

Azi didn't know what to say. It's not like he's been in love. His only attachment was his friendship with Glay.

"But Azi..." Glay looked at him. "I have another plan."

Azi moved away. He knows that he shouldn't know about it. It will blow his plan if Aries knows about whatever he's planning to do.

"A plan?"

"Yes. SFR might've succeeded in pulling me away from someone I love, but I won't let them keep ACRO's secret from our people, so-"

"Wait, wait.. Stop right there." Azi felt a sting from the Neuronite for resisting to get the information. "AAGH!" He yelled and touhed the back of his neck.

"Are you okay?" Glay asked.

"Yeah.. It's just that.. I don't think I should know about your plans any longer." He said while hiding the pain caused by the Neuronite.