Chapter 14: Science Fair

Glayden took the brochure and shows it to Maxee

"Who is he?" Glayden asks her.

Maxee walks close and took the brochure to look at who he's trying to say.

"He's Doctor Quintin Filmann. He's one of the famous scientists and inventors from a private company. He gives scholarship to winners of annual invention contest.Why?" Maxee said and gave it back to him.

"And.. what is this about?" He asks, pertaining to the brochure.

"It's for science fair. Tomorrow at school. But i'm not interested in it anyway. Not a science person." Maxee said and tries to walk away

"No, you have to go. You have to help me meet him."

Max turned to him again.

"Why? You think he can fix your ship?" She jokes.

"No." Glayen walks close to her and points out the tattoo on his wrist. "I think he's an Orbinovian too." He said.

Glay and Max looks at each other. Speechless. Max took the brochure again and looks closely.

"Just because of a tattoo?" She doubts.

"It's not just a tattoo. It's a symbol of our responsibility. Look, I got mine too." He said and showed him the tattoo on his wrist.

"You got a different one." Max noticed.

"Yes, exactly! In our planet, we have 4 sectors dependin of what responsibility will be assigned for you. Like a job. My tattoo is for Space Force and Research. And his tattoo is for Innovation and Technology. And I wonder what he's doing here."

Max sits down on the bed and asked,

"Are you sure about that?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. Can you take me to him?"

"Well- I don't know. I can try." She replies unsure.

The sun rises again, Glay and Max are on the way to her university. They're outside the gate and she's explaining the plan to Glay.

"Okay, so this is what we're gonna do.. I enter first, when I put my hand in the back of my neck like this" she said and demomstrates "-that's when you enter. I'll distract the guard." She said.

"Okay... It's that simple?"

"Yes! Don't you trust me? I got you!" She said and winked.

Glay stands on the side of the gate, peeking if Maxee is in already.

Maxee enters the gate and shows her ID to the guard.

"Hey, uh- Sir... I'd like to ask when the science fair will start?" She asked, trying to keep the guard's eyes away from the entrance.

"Oh.. It's happening now. You shoul hurry." Says the guard while looing at her.

"Really? And do you have any brochures I kinda lost mine." Max runs out of excuses and started putting her hands behind her neck.

Glay gets the signal and walks in.

"Oh, yeah. I got one here." The guard looks down his desk and gets one of the brochures. "Here." He said ang gate it to him

"Oh, thank-"

The guard looked behind and saw Glay.

"Hey, young man!" The guard calls him

Glay stopped walking and walks towards him backward.

"Hmmm?" Glay asked, smiling and trying to look innocent.