Chapter 22: You're The One That I Want

"To all Orbinovians watching this. I am Glayden Weiner of Space Force and Research Sector and i'm here now on Earth. Yes, Earth. It is still habitable and many humans currently live here." Glayden speaks formally, preparing a message to be sent to all Orbinovians. But he felt like something's not good enough.

"Ugh, no.. Cut it. Cut it." He said and scratched his head. He was standing in a recording pod where his whole body will be recorded and projected in 3D on all holograms in Orbinovus.

"Come on, Glay. It's your 87th take!" He said like he's getting tired of watching him retake the video. He sighs exaggeratingly.

"Sorry, sorry. I just–can't focus." He reasons while tapping his foot.

"You can do it. Just don't think too much. Think of what the entire Orbinovus should know."

"Yeah, okay..." Glay stood straight and stretches his shoulders. He looked.

"Ready?" Azi asked.

Glay nodded agreeably.

While Glay and Azi are busy taking the video, Kiera and Maxee are having a coffee in a cafe, talking about Glay.

"I don't know, Kiera. I like him. I want him. I just can't explain the situation to you but he won't stay here. We are not gonna work." Max said

"Come on, long distance relationship is easier now with the advanced technology! You can just call each other or something. Then if you're old enough, you can live together."

"No, it's not that easy. It's like uh–like he lives in a different planet. Just think of it that way."

"You mean overseas?" Kiera bows down while looking at her, thinking her analogy is exaggerating.

"No. Just... Forget it."

"Hey..." Kiera held her hand on the table. "If you really love someone, no reason is enough to keep you away from each other." Kiera said earnestly.

Going back to Glay and Azi, after 120 retakes, Glay finally finalized his video and finished it.

"Alright! We're done!" Azi applaud in relief.

"Yeah! Finally!" Glay took off the pod and put it under his bed.

He activated his StellarBand to send the video to Quintin.

"Okay, so here we go...." He murmurs while processing the video to send it to Quintin. "And we're..." He clicked on the send button through the hologram projection and said "DONE!"

Glay and Azi high-fived  each other. Glay felt relieved that he's about to achieve his goal. But the smile he was wearing for completing it slowly faded when he remembered something.

"Oh.. My second mission!!"

"Second mission??" Azi didn't know what he was talking about.

Glay grabs his phone in his bed and searched the internet.

"Yeah.. Courting Max, remember?" He mouthed while typing something on the phone.

"Oh... Right."

Glay searched the internet to inform himself about the courting tradition. Azi, being a supportive friend stayed with him to help him think of what he should do. Well, they're both Aliens so let's see what they'll come up with.

An hour later, Glay wrote all his ideas in a piece of paper using a pencil.

"Okay, so we have giving chocolates, taking them out in a restaurant, slow dancing, and singing love songs." He said while tapping the pencil on his knees while indian sitting on bed. "I don't have the money for all these. And I don't sing! What even is that?"