Chapter 12: Preparation

After Maxee's second day of exam, she and Glay went to the mall together to buy him clothes for his first date tomorrow.

"I don't understand. I have clothes in the house, why do we have to buy more?" Glay said while watching Maxee browse through formal clothes at a men's store.

"Because, you don't wear old clothes on dates. You have to look your best." Glay said while choosing between two polo shirts. The black and the white one.

"Why? What's that gotta do with getting to know each other?"

"First impression, Glay. First impression." She said while looking at Glay. She chose the white one and hands it over to Glayden. "Here, try this." She said.

Max leads Glay to the fitting room. While Glay tries out the polo she gave him, Max is looking through her phone when someone messaged him.

"Hi, Max. I don't know if you remember me. It's me, Evan. I got your number from Kiera." It says in the text message.

Max was stands up in shock when she read the message. She quickly replied and said,

"Hi. Of course I remember you. What's up?"

In no time, Max received a reply from hin again.

"I just feel like we didn't have much time at the party last week so maybe you wanna hangout tomorrow?"

Maxee's heart beats so fast when she read the reply. Her hands are shaking and she can't believe it's happening.

"Hey, so... what do you think?" Someone from behind said.

She turned around and saw Max wearing the white polo shirt she asked him to try on. She looks at him from head to toe and shakes her head because he closed every single button from the bottom to the top of the shirt. Making him look like a corpse.

"That's not how you wear it." She said with a lowered voice and walked close to him.

She tucks in the shirt to the black pants he's wearing and unbuttons the first 4 buttons from the top. While doing so, she can sense him looking at her and she can feel Glay's breath.

When she's done, she looks at him while both his hands are on his shoulders.

"There. That's it." She said while smiling.

Glay's looking deep into her eyes. That's when he starts notices how much he loves it when she's around.

"Great. Geat, great." That's all Glay could say. His heart is racing but this is the first time that he don't know why.

Max puts down her hands and puts them behind her, showing uneasiness and awkwardness.

"It looks good on you. That Anya will surely drool over you."

"Drool???" Glay once again heard of something he's not familiar with.

Max felt annoyed and rubs her hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, for goodness' sake, Glay! I'm getting tired of explaining things to you!"

"Oh- sorry."

"Here's what you can do, okay?" Max took his phone and showed him Google. "If you wanna know something, type your question here click this icon. And the answer will show up." She explains while demonstrating to him.

"Oh.. okay." Glay took his phone back.

"For now, will you be quick and take that off so we can pay for it now?" Max said.

"Oh..." Glay unbuttons his Polo shirt and three girls his age behind Max shouts in excitement.

"Hey! Not here!!" Max said and looks at the girls intimidatingly.