Chapter 18: Feeling Like Human

Azi plays the recording. The hologram showed the soundwave of the audio and you can hear the conversation involving Aries.

In the conversation...

"Agent Aries, this conversation will be recorded and kept as your report for Operation Z. Any lies or statement that won't match our investigation will put you in trouble. So it is important to be honest" Said the guy with a deep voice.

"Yes, I understand." Aries replied with a low tone of voice.

"What happened with your recruits?"

Glay asked to pause the audio and talked.

"Operation Z? Recruit?it's the same mission Dr. Filmann told me."

"Dr. Who??"

"Yeah, I forgot to tell you. I met another Orbinovian here. He said he is in Operation Z. He recruits intelligent humans to live in Orbinovus."

"What?! Then why don't you ask for help?"

"I already did. He refused. He said he should stick to his plans or ACRO will... do something to him."

"Woah, Glay. That's serious, everything that's going on right now."

"I know..."

Azi resumed the audio.

"I got 29 of them." He said. "The other one... the soldier.. I terminated him"

Glay was in shock after hearing that. He looked at the hologram with his eyes enlarged and fists clenched and shaking.

"...He didn't want to come. And he's a threat. I had a feeling that he wom't stop until he finds out about the future missions and tell the high authorities about us." Aries added.

"You did the right thing, Aries. What did you do?"

"I blew up the entire platoon involving him to clear up the evidence."

Glay couldn't contain the anger anymore and ended the call. He smashed everything he saw, it was the first time he felt this much rage and he's afraid that it feels like he's not in control.

The following day, at the party, Maxee is hanging out with Kiera and Jana. Maxee's wearing a casual black off-shoulder blouse paired with denim shorts, with a light make up showing her natural beauty and her wavy hair down.

"Hey, so how's it going with you and Glay?" Kiera asked with a loud voice, trying to make sure Maxee hears her despite the loud music. She's wearing a tight red sleeveless dress and a fierce makeup look wearing a matte red lipstick.

"Girls, i've been trying to tell you, we're not a thing. We're just friends." Explains Maxee. "And i'm into Evan." She added while looking at Evan from a distance, talking to his friends, laughing while holding a cup of drinks.

"Really??" Jana said and shakes her head. "You met a GLAYDEN and choose EVAN over him? He cares about nothing but his instagram followers." Jana drinks the beer on a cup she's holding.

"Shut up." Maxee said softly and smiles at Evan.

Evan looked at her and she waves at him. He came to her and greeted her friends.

"Hey, girls. What's up?" Evan greets them.

"We're good!" Max replies and tries to look pretty in front of him.

"Glad you're enjoying the party!"

Evan continues to talk to them but Maxee was distracted when he saw someone familiar entering the gate.

It was Glay. He was attractive even when only wearing a plain black shirt and 6 pockets shorts below the knees. His eyes are looking everywhere. Maxee thinks he was looking for him. She quickly ran to him.