Chapter 29: Final Mission

With Maxee in her heart, Glay entered the ship with determination, knowing that he had to succeed in the mission for the love of his life.

"I'm here with you, Glay." Said the voice coming from the speaker. It was Philip, guiding him through the mission.

"Taking of in T minus 10 seconds. 9, 8, 7, 6..."

Glayden put on his helmet and made sure that he was buckled up. He took a deep breath and prepared for take-off. His heart started beating fast, his hands shaking, but he pictured Maxee's smile in his mind once again to ease the nervousness and he smiled.

The trees swayed and the grasses burned as he took off.

Everything around him started shaking, he started feeling the pressure as the ship lifted up in the night sky. He closed his eyes, his jaws were clenching, trying to contain his nervousness.

He was finally able to breathe well when he finally made it out of the Earth's atmosphere.

"Are you alright?" Philip asked.

"Yeah... What now?"

"We wait 'til you get far enough to safely open a wormhole." He instructed. "Listen... I set up the coordinates a little distant from the target to be more safe. You will be transported to the edge of the Asteroid belt, so you should expect a few asteroid encounter. No need to worry 'cause your ship is made of Orbinovium and I modified it to be specially designated to missions like this. I knew this time would come."

"So, what am I gonna do?"

"Are you good in dodging?" Glay shook his head.

"The last time I tried, My ship got severely damaged."

"Well, you gotta do better now. Even if your ship is strong enough, the impact will still be difficult to tolerate."

"Copy."

"After escaping the Asteroid belt, you'll be using the boost to get you close enough to the target. It's located near the Trojan Asteroids. You have to be careful with this one. This is the most critial part."

"What am I gonna do?"

"I've already programmed the system to instruct you when to fire the missile. You only have one shot at this. You can't fire too early because the target won't be destroyed. You can't fire too close because the impact of explosion will get you killed. Fire when instructed, Glayden."

In a short while, Glay was finally far enough and opened a wormhole, transporting him near the asteroid belt.

"Roger that."

"Portal ready for activation." Cora said.

Glay set up the coordinates and activated the portal, transporting him to the next location.

The ship shook like it hit something. Glay opened the camera footage to view the surroundings. There are plenty of asteroids surrounding him. Some are a little distant, 10 times larger than his ship. He saw a meteoroid approaching his ship rapidly and he dodged it successfully. But he missed the other one on the other side and his ship shook again. The other one, smaller than the first two, hit the porthole of the ship.