Chapter 6: Glayden

"Kiera? Is that you? Wait a second."

Max whispered to him and told him to get up and hide.

He stood up and tried to find some place to hide.

"No, it's okay. I'll-I'll be going in a second. I just want to tell you that I won't be sleeping here tonight."

Glay and Max stopped moving.

"Oh.." Max said

"Are you okay here alone?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm fine." Max tried to stay calm and act normally.

"Okay, honey. See ya tomorrow!"

Max could finally breathe as soon as she heard Kiera walking away.

"Who is she?" Glay asked. He went back to where he was sitting and Max continued to treat his wounds.

"She's my friend." She said and rolled her eyes.

After a few minutes, Max finished treating his wounds and clean up the kit.

"So... there. You're good to go now." She said.

He stood up and looked at her.

"I have nowhere else to go." He said.

"Well, is that my problem? Look, I don't know who you are. You may be a scammer or... or a serial killer or a murderer so you better get your ass out of this room now or I will call the police."

"I don't understand most of what you said but I think you're not feeling well."

"What?! All I'm feeling right now is anger and it gets worse the longer you stay here!" She yelled Glay looked at her balled fists.

"If you really want mo to leave, okay... I will." He said with a low tone of voice and looked down.

He turned his back and walked through the door. Still wearing a robe.

Then he looked back at her again and said, "Thank you, Maxee. For helping me."

She looked at him with fierce mad eyes looking straight at his. He closed the door, she turned off the lights and tried to get some sleep.

Facing the door, she still sees shadows of his feet outside. She just covered her face with a pillow.

She heard someone approaching him and heard their conversation.

"Sir, you're not allowed to sleep here." Said by the man with a big voice. Probably a staff.

Max gets up from bed and did a facepalm.

"Are you kidding?? Did he literally just sleep on the floor??" She whispered

She walked closer to the door to hear the conversation from outside.

"Sir, i'm sorry I have nowhere else to go. Just let me sleep here and i'll leave when the sun's up to find my ship." He said. Sitting on the floor.

"Sir, i'm sorry. You'll have to go outside or our guards will kick you out."

"Kick me out?" He threw his head back You're a bad person!" He pointed at him with his index finger.

Max put her hand on the knob, but still hesitated if she should.

She suddenly heard loud slamming and quickly opened the door. She saw the staff on the floor, touching his back due to pain. Glay was in fighting stance while looking at the staff. He probably beat the staff up.

"What did you do??" Maxee asked while in shock of what happened

"He threatened my life!" Glay said toughly. And stood straight.