CHAPTER 26: The Words

Glayden open the door and exited the cab. He stood in front of Maxee's yard, thinking of the words he was gonna say. Glay slowly walked to the door and rang the doorbell. His face full of sadness and worry. Hoping Maxee would open the door and let him explain. But it's bee 10 minutes of waiting for nothing.

Glay chose to back out and return to the apartment. He walked away and when he got to the exit of the yard, he saw a familiar face not far from where he was standing. It was Maxee. She was busy on her phone so she didn't see him right away. But when she put her phone away, she stopped for awhile and looked surprised to see him.

"Max.." Glay mouthed.

Max continued to walk but slowly. 'til she's close enough to him. She looked at Glayden.

"Max... I'm sorry, I know you hate me but-"

Max ran to him and hugged him tight. Glay didn't see it coming due to his expectations of being kicked out the moment she sees him.

"I missed you.." Max whispered while her arms are wrapped around him and her face is on is chest.

"Max..."

"I'm sorry, Glay. I shouldn't have cut you off. I should've let you explain." Tears started rolling down Maxee's cheeks.

Glay cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears with his thumbs.

"I understand, Max. I know you're going through a lot..." Max paused when he saw three strong men behind Max, not far from where they were standing. Wearing an all black outfit trying to hide themselves behind the other house. They're looking at him fiercely. He knew they were what Aries was talking about. People of the fifth sector. Waiting for him to finish talking to her so they can execute their mission to erase Maxee's memories. "You don;t have to explain yourself. I completely understand." Glay continued. Forgetting the other words he was supposed to say.

"Glay..." Max held his hand. "I know now. I can say it now."

"Say what?" Glay couldn't help but look at the men behind them. They're walking close to him.

"I love you, Glay. I love you more than anyone else. I love you more than I can ever tell. I love..."

Glay quickly put his lips on hers. Kissing her slowly while pulling her closer. He waited for it. And while his lips were on hers, tears started to fall on his eyes, realizing that it was the first and the last.

Maxee noticed the tears on his face as they look at each other's eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked with a low voice

"Nothing." He replied and looked on the ground and back at her. "Max, you have no idea how long i've waited for you to say that. For me to finally kiss you. I can even taste that thing you put on your lips. It's sweet." Glay giggled. "I love you. You know that. That's why I need to do this." Glay added.

"Do what?"

Glay looked at the three man and nodded at them, giving them signal to take her. Max looked behind to see who he nodded to and saw the men running to her. One man held him on both arms and the other one cuffed her.

"Glay what is this?" Max tried to calm down but couldn't contain the panic she's been feeling.

"I'm sorry, Max. It's for your own good."

"What? Let me go!" She tried to break free from the men but they were too strong, plus she was handcuffed.

"Glay, what are you doing?" Max yelled while looking around to see if someone can see him. But the surrounding was empty.