Chapter 23: Unforeseen

This song attached to this chapter fits the story so well. Hope you'll listen to it ♡

It's around 3pm. Glay is waiting for Maxee outside their house. He's wearing a smart casual outfit. A combination of bkue striped ling sleeved polo shirt paired with white pants.

"Ooh! Hey, Glay! You're looking good!" Lara greeted as she opened the door and saw Glay standing on the left side of the doorway. She looked at him from head to toe with a smile on her face.

"Oh, hi Auntie!" Glay smiled at her. His hands are together in front of him while he stands straight.

"You look like you're going on a date. Are you going out on a date?"

"Wha–me?" Glay pointed at himself while asking. Not knowing what to say.

"I mean, double date. With Maxee. And the ones you went out on a date with." She clarified with excitement.

"Oh.. Yeah, yeah." He breathed.

Glay heard footsteps coming close.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Glay hears Maxee saying from a distant.

Lara looked behind and talked to her while she was coming close.

"Oh. I'm talking to Glay, honey." Lara explains. "Oh, you look amazing!" She added.

Glay got curious of how she looked like. He tried to peek but Lara's blocking the doorway. But he knew Maxee's getting close when he started smelling the sweet pea scent she always wear.

Maxee wide-opened the door while looking at her mom. Glay's heart instantly beats fast when she saw her.

"Hi." Glay greeted. His hands started sweating sonhe just put it behind his back.

Maxee's hair swayed perfectly as she faced Glay. She was wearing a yellow floral A-line dress, long enough to reach the above of his knees. Its off-shoulder puffy sleeves revealed her beautiful shoulders and collarbones. Her hairwas  down and straight. It fits her enough to show the curve of her waist. Her makeup is simple. Not too much, not too pale. Just enough to show her natural beauty.

"Hey." Maxee greeted casually and smiled at him.

"Okay, i'm gonna leave you two." Lara said. "Glay, you're the man. You're responsible for your cousin." She told Glay. "Max, be home before 9pm. Okay?" Lara instructed Maxee.

"Yes, mom." Max said dryly.

Max gave her mom a hug. Glay waved at her.

Lara closed the door while Max and Glay walked to the car. Max drives an Glay had no idea where they were heading.

"Where are we going?" Glay asked.

"We're going on a picnic." Max replied and shaked her shoulders and hips out of excitement.

Glay chuckles while looking at her.

"What?" Max asked and glanced at him.

"You look cute when you do that." Glay said.

"What, this?" Max repeated it again

Both of them laughed.

After an hour of trip, Max and Glay finally arrived in a small lake with picnic grounds. Only a few people go there. They set up the foods and picnic blanket and sat a meter near the lake.

They brought foods like barbeque, hotdogs on stick, a few sanwich and sodas.

They talked about a lot of things. Had some laughs, shared thoughts, and other stuffs that helped them know more about each other. And everytime Glay watches Max talk about stuffs she's  passionate about, he couldn't help but stare and admire her.