Chapter 14

I sat on a chair next to Xander's bed until I fell asleep, I didn't want to leave his side. It's like something was keeping me in that room, not forcefully but willingly. I've never felt this way before, it must be the mate pull I thought to myself.

The next morning I woke up and my body ached, consequences of sleeping on a chair all night.

"You know you could have just slept on the bed" I heard a voice say while I was stretching, a smile immediately played on my lips, hearing his voice brought so much relief

"I didn't want to disturb the owner of the bed"

"It's not mine either" he said, he saw the confusion in my eyes "you don't honestly think I still stay with my parents"

I just laughed it off "you never know"

"I'm happy you're the first person I saw when I woke up, thank you for coming"  I couldn't find anything to say so I just took his hand and squeezed it softly. That moment felt so right

"how are you feeling?"

"A lot better with you around" he smirked

"you're such a flirt"

"I can't help it, it's all you Ava"

"I'll go tell everyone you're awake" I said while standing up, damn it my whole body ached.

"no, not yet. I'd like to spend some time with you, just us. Before they come flooding in"

I nodded as I went back to my chair "no, come lay next to me"

"you're still hurt, I don't want to accidentally cause you more pain"

"It's ok, you'll just lay next to me. Nothing more" I shyly stood up and took off my shoes then got on the bed, the plan was to leave some space between us but he put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer, for an injured guy he still had a lot of strength, then it kicked in that he's not just a regular guy, before we knew it we both drifted off to sleep.

We were woken by a soft knock on the door then it opened, it was Kayla

"uhm, sorry I didn't mean to disturb, I just wanted to check on you" she said, I tried getting up but Xander still had his hand around my waist and kept me laying down feeling  very embarrassed

"I'm ok" Xander said with an annoyed voice, Kayla turned to walk out so quickly but I saw the smile on her face.

"I should get up, you also need to eat" I said.

"I'm not really hungry, I'm still enjoying this moment" Xander said in a low voice

"no, you need to eat Xander, I'll go get something for you"

" You do know that you can't tell an alpha what to do" he said with a smile

"well this alpha will just have to suck it up... And eat" I said as I finally managed to free myself and walk out of the room.

When I got to the kitchen I found his parents already there eating breakfast " good morning dear, did you get any sleep?"  Mrs Knott asked with a knowing face

"yes. I managed to rest, Xander is also up"

"that's wonderful, we'll go up and see him now" she said as they both stood up

"wait, could you please take this up with you" I said as I handed her a tray with a bowl of soft porridge and a spoon "I want to freshen up. I'll need to go soon, my mom is probably on her way back"

___
After taking a hot shower, I got dressed and left my hair loose then I went to see Xander in his room.

" I have to go now, but I'll come around to check on you" I said as I sat on the edge of the bed

"I was hoping you'd stay a little longer" he said

"I didn't tell my mom that I'd be leaving, she will worry when she gets home and finds that I'm not there"

"do you mind coming closer?" Xander asked as he made space for me to go sit next to him.

I went to sit closer to him and we spent a moment looking at each other, as though we were communicating with our eyes, "I'm happy you came. Maybe I'm just giving myself false hope but I'm still glad you came"

"you're not giving yourself false hope, I mean... I know I still have a lot to learn but I want to try, I'm tired of fighting it, each day when I wasn't talking to you was torture, ofcourse Dylan did tell me what it will be like"

"so you're not rejecting me?" he raised his eyebrow

"how can I, you've tainted me" I laughed

"good, then I know you'll stick around"

"I really need to get going. We will talk later now you just need to get some rest" we spent some time holding hands and looking at each other, like we were taking a mental picture of each other. Then before I could stop myself I leaned in a kissed him, it was a quick pat on the lips and just as I was about to pull away he pulled me back and this time he took the lead and deepened the kiss, after a while we both pulled away, I was suddenly feeling shy. Before Xander I had never even thought of kissing anyone yet here I was feeling brave enough to initiate a kiss.

Not wanting to ruin the moment I just smiled and stood up "I'll check on you later" I whispered

As soon as I got home I started cleaning and cooking, I didn't want her to notice that I was gone. After cooking I went to my room and tried to relax, but all I could do was to think about Xander, for a moment the formalities didn't matter, it was just him and I. No alpha, no pack.. I wonder if we can keep things that simple