Chapter 20

*Ava's POV *

I was woken up by a harsh slap on my cheek "wake up! You've had enough rest"  the man said while towering over me.

He had an annoyed look on his face and he looked like he could end me by just wrapping his hand around my neck, I looked around after recovering from the slap that woke me up and the first thing I noticed is that I was tied up to a pole on the corner of the room.

The ground was freezing cold as well, I wondered just how long I was out of it. The cruel man snapped his fingers to bring my attention back to him "how are you doing princess, did the rest do you any good?" he was mocking me. 

"I've had better places to rest on" I whispered

"well atleast you don't have to get used to this. Soon you'll be joining your ancestors, where you will be resting for eternity" he smirked

"what do you want from me?"

"oh it's not what I want from you sweetheart, you're just a pawn in the game. What I want is to end your mate, I want him to suffer and the best way to torture an Alpha isn't to physically harm him.. But it's to kill his mate. That will definitely be the end of him"

I felt my heart rate pick up again, I didn't for a second doubt what he was saying. His words carried anger in them, I could tell he meant every word.

"the bloody moon goddess sure pulled a number on you huh?" he laughed, even his laugh was enough to scare me, there was this darkness that sorrounded him

"what do you mean?"

"I mean, pairing you up with a werewolf, what the hell was she thinking. Was she high on something because damn she screwed you over sweetheart. But not to worry, I'll spare you the agony of going through life with that son of a bitch"

" I don't need you to spare me anything" I said while avoiding eye contact

"well either way, I'm gonna make sure he never sees you alive again, but I promise I'll be kind enough to deliver your corpse to his doorstep, which brings us to our next part of the game"

"wa-what do you mean? "

"boys, come in" at that moment two guys entered the room looking excited

"go easy on her, remember she's human and we don't want her dying on the first  beating. We just want him to feel it, if she becomes unconscious you stop okay?"

They both nodded and came closer to me "no please don't, please" I begged as tears made their way out of my eyes to my cheeks, these two grown men were literally going to beat me up just to punish Xander and he wasn't even here to witness it. I suddenly felt a hard kick to my stomach, I immediately felt like I would stop breathing, before I knew it the kicks kept coming while I cried out loud begging him to stop but the smile on both their faces showed me that this was far from over.

*Xander's POV*

I was now in the woods trailing my mate's scent, I knew for a fact that the rogues couldn't have gone far in order to avoid running into another pack's territory so they had to be just around the Outlands of the Crescent moon pack. My wolf was growing more angry as we kept searching. I know how savage rogues can be and with her being human it meant she her body can only take in so much torture before giving up.

Dylan was walking right besides me quietly, he knew I was close to snapping and I'd most probably kill anyone who pissed me off at that moment. Just then My wolf started whimpering, more like he was mourning, I had this uneasy feeling and I immediately knew that the rogues were using my mate to send me a message, not only that, they knew they were torturing my wolf and I and the only thing that could make my wolf whimper is if our mate was being brutalized.

I growled at the thought of rogues manhandling Ava. Dylan noticed what was happening and he mindlinked the other guys to work faster to find her before she's beaten to death. Just as we were searching I smelled a rogue and immediately followed his scent, he was about to run when he saw Dylan standing behind him. My wolf immediately grew more angry and my eyes changed to pitch black to indicate that my wolf was now in controlled.

"where is she" I demanded while charging towards him and grabbing his neck to lift him up

"I-I don't know what you're talking about"

I let out a growl while tightening my hand and his neck, he was quickly losing consciousness and that's when Dylan saw it fit to intervene "Alpha, we need him to answer us, it won't do us or Ava any good if he dies now" he was right but my wolf was having none of it. They were hurting Ava so one of them needed to die

"Alpha" Dylan kept pleading, just then I dropped the rogue to the ground

"I will not ask again!" I growled

"I swear, I don't know where they took her, yes I know they planned to kidnap her just to get back at you but I swear. I don't know which place they are keeping her in"

"but you know where they usually hide out" I snapped and at that moment he mentioned three different hidden cabins where they could possibly be keeping her and pleaded with me not to kill him. I was about to walk away but my anger got the better of me, I turned back, grabbed the rogue by his neck and snapped it then let go of his lifeless body but even that was not enough to calm me down. I needed to find Ava, soon.