Chapter 15

My mom arrived Sunday evening and  was so excited to start telling me about her weekend, I tried to listen but time and again my mind would drift off to Xander,
I was no longer worried about him, he was going to be ok. I just missed being around him. Later that evening I decided that I was going to give us a chance. Maybe we could have a normal relationship first then take things as they come.

After school the next day I decided to go see him, I told my mom I would be spending the afternoon with Kayla and she didn't seem to mind, infact she was very happy that I was going out more often although I wasn't being completely honest with her.

Xander was still staying at his parents house because his mom insisted but I learned from Kayla that he actually has his own house, when we got there their parents were out to run some errands and Kayla immediately excused herself, she said something about having homework but I knew she was just giving Xander and I some much needed space

"It's good to see you on your feet again" I said as he walked in the kitchen

"It will take more than one attack to keep me down" he said as he walked closer, he put his hands on my waist and pulled me into a hug "I missed you"

"It's only been a day"

"Yea well it feels like it's been forever"

"I actually came here because I want to talk to you" I said nervously, he took my hand and led me to the living room and we sat down in close proximity, " what's wrong?" he asked while taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers.

"nothing"  I took a deep breath then I continued "  I've decided I want to give us a try, I've tried avoiding you, clearly it didn't work so now I want to try running to you.. Let's see how that works out"

" You have no idea how much I've been wanting you to say that" he said as he looked me straight in the eye

"so does this mean I have to start calling you alpha?"

"no, you're my mate so that makes us equals, so its Xander for you"

"then what happens now?" I asked feeling silly. It actually does sound kind of dumb asking your new boyfriend this question but then again, I'm dealing with a werewolf not a human

"well, I'll have to introduce you to my pack... Then we have to mate... You know. To." I cut him off

"I know what you mean, so how about this, let's just go with the flow for now. I still have to figure out how this will work out"

"what do you mean?"

"my mom, she doesn't know about you, in all aspects, so I'm going to have to balance our relationship with the life I live at home"

"It's not advised that humans know about us, you know because you're my mate but if it comes to it I think you'll need to tell her because leading a pack isn't something that you can do secretly"

"I know, I just need some time to prepare myself"

"I'm not going to rush you... But it's inevitable, it has to happen either way, preferably soon"

"I know...I have to go now"  he offered to drive me home, the drive was silent. I was lost in my own thoughts, what the hell was I thinking, believing I can make this work. Hell I'm barely legal, and here I am willing to take on so much responsibility.

As if reading my thoughts, just as he parked outside my house he took my hand and started "Ava, I really want to be with you, I want to show you that my world is not that bad, that we can work but if you're doing this then you need to be fully in. If you agree then it needs to be 100 percent, not one foot in.

You need to know that once you fully agree and give yourself to me and my pack then there's no going back, you can't wake up one day and decide to leave me as that will kill both of us, literally. You saw what happened the last time. Now that I've found you, I can't function well without you, you're my other half, the puzzle that completes me. "

All, of this would have sounded so sweet and breathtaking if he wasn't telling me that by agreeing to be with him I'm signing away all chances to ever walk away if I feel that things are  not working and honestly that scared the shit out of me. People break up, they divorce, whose to say Xander and I will be an exception, we won't get fed up and want to walk and only find that walking away will be the end of both of us.

"I really feel like I'm risking by doing this but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway" he sighed and then continued "I'm going to give you one last chance to think things through, although I know I need you, I also need you to come to me willingly, being aware of everything that comes with being mine so let's do this, you get a day to really think this through then you let me know" with that he kissed my cheek and I opened the car door.

I got in the house and found my mom finishing up with supper "hey, you're back" she smiled

"Yea. Kay's brother offered to drive me back" I said knowing too well that she did see the car parked outside

"hmmm, that's very kind of him" she said now looking at me

"Yea, it is" I said as I took an apple and went to wash it in the sink

"so... Does kayla's brother have a name?"

Oh gosh. I really did not like where this conversation was headed

"yes, his name is Xander"

"Ava you know you can tell me anything right...boy problems included... Remember, it's you and I against the world"

"forever and always" I finished off our bonding slogan. My mom was most probably the only person I could open up to, besides Kayla, she knew me too well and at that moment I just wanted to pour out all my emotions but where would I even begin

"I'm still trying to figure some things out mom... But I promise you I'll let you in on the scoop of the daily life of Ava Anderson soon" I said as I dramatically threw my hands in the air and laughed which made her laugh as well. I still needed to know exactly what this is before saying anything to her