Chapter 7.2

[Celeste]

Celeste welcomed the predictable tedium of the last several months while marveling at the growth of the babies within her. But the stress from the sheer weight carried within her belly became uncomfortable.

Moon offered his hand to help her onto the med bay examination table. With a series of grunts and grimaces, she hoisted herself up and slid her body across the thin mattress.

He grinned. "I must say, Celeste, you seem just full of life."

She groaned, holding on to her extended belly. "I'm full alright. Full of babies. But there's still over ten weeks to go."

Her black leggings, as stretchy as they were, had reached their limit. She now wore a pair of Moon's black cargo pants with the legs rolled up, but they rode low under her belly with the clasp undone. A set of mesh straps rigged into a pair of suspenders held them up. Moon's oversized green t-shirt bulged out at her belly.

Eyeing her outfit, he said, "Have you ever thought about going into fashion modeling?"

Celeste glared at him. "Moon, your humor falls short."

Nanny-bot stood on the other side of the table. Sai's creation impressed Celeste. The robot took on a human female form, but with a satiny gray outer skin and no hair. Her movements were amazingly lifelike. With soft hands, both strong and gentle, and an amiable resting facial expression, Nanny-bot seemed like someone that Celeste would entrust her children. Sai still worked on facial emotions portrayal, though. Her attempts often drew grins from both Celeste and Moon.

As a scanner plate descended from the overhead compartment, Nanny-bot spoke with Sai's voice. "How do you feel, Priestess?"

She grumbled. "Tired, moody, and I have to pee again."

Moon nodded. "Not surprising, considering how big your belly is getting, and with your hormones going nuts--" He gulped as Celeste's narrow-eyed glare shot lasers through him. "Umm, I should stop talking now?"

"Only if you value your testicles."

He shifted uneasily on his feet and diverted his gaze from her eyes. His hands drifted down, briefly covering his crotch.

Celeste reached across to put her hand on his arm. Her face relaxed. "I'm sorry, Moon. My hormones are going nuts, as you say."

Moon covered her hand. "I understand. I mean, I don't really fully understand what you are going through, but I forgive you. No, not forgive, you didn't really do anything wrong, given your condition. I mean... I should stop talking again."

She nodded with a half-grin. "That would be wise."

He took a deep breath and pointed at the diagnostic holographic display. "Look, there they are!"

Three curled babies, rendered in sharp 3D, rested head down, swaddled within Celeste's womb, each slightly larger than Moon's fist. Celeste's lips parted and her eyes widened as she gazed at the image. A joyful tear rolled out from the corner of one eye.

They are so beautiful, so perfect.

Celeste yelped and her hand shot to her belly. Two babies shifted in the image.

A smile came to her. "They're kicking!" She placed Moon's hand against her belly, covering it with her hand. "Oww! There it is again. Do you feel it?"

Moon's eyes widened, and he shared her smile. "Yeah... It feels like they are wrestling. Not yet born and they are already squabbling." He stood still, feeling the flutters from within the womb. "Amazing!"

Sai spoke through the nanny-bot. "Priestess, all three babies appear to be quite healthy and growing well. However, triplets tend to be born before full term, potentially with lower than optimum birth weights. I would like to give you a medicine proven to extend gestation. There are a few potential side effects to you, primarily the discomfort of a longer pregnancy."