NOCTURNE OP.9 NO.2

Bella woke up to bright light streaming through the cheap hotel room curtains

   Bella woke up to bright light streaming through the cheap hotel room curtains. She tried to ignore it and fall back asleep, but couldn't whatsoever. Slowly opening her eyes, Bella turned over in bed and found herself grinning. Spencer always looked so peaceful as he slept. He was finally able to avoid dealing with serial killers all day, instead being able to be engulfed in peaceful dreams.

   He breathes softly, exhausted from the previous case. The team had taken days investigating a series of deaths revolving around a killer running over his victims. Spencer was absolutely drained, falling into bed and being welcomed by sleep the second he closed his eyes. Bella had to gently take his shoes off, not wanting to disturb him. She crawled into bed quickly afterwards, cuddling up next to him and absorbing all of his warmth. 

   Quickly grabbing her glasses from the nightstand, Bella shoved them on and looked at the clock. 7:39 a.m. They had only been sleeping for 6 hours. Turning back over, Bella frowned and pushed the hair out of Spencer's peaceful face. She felt bad that she had to wake him up, she knew that all he wanted to do was sleep. 

   "Spence," she whispered, tucking some of his hair behind his ear. She secretly admired how long it was getting. "Spence, you have to wake up. I'm sorry, love, but we both have to get up."

   She watched as Spencer groaned, taking a pillow and putting it over his face. He quickly pushed it off and stared up at Bella, his eyes dismal. Bella gave a half smile, feeling just as sad as he was. If she had the option, she would also sleep for an extra 3 hours.

   "Do we have to?" Spencer whispered, rubbing his eyes. 

   "Unless you want to miss the flight back home, then yes," Bella smiled. "Trust me, I want to sleep too. You can try to sleep on the plane." 

   "The couch on the plane isn't a warm bed with you in it." 

   With a grin, Bella leaned down and planted a kiss on Spencer's soft lips. She stroked the side of his face and looked into his snug eyes. His eyes were as warm as the bed. Spencer stared back, holding himself back from smothering her with kisses. 

   "Just think," Bella began. "The flight is only about 5 hours long and you can sleep. Then we get to go home and we can crawl back into bed."

   Spencer closed his eyes and grinned, letting the sun hit his face. Bella kissed him on the forehead and threw the blankets off of her legs. She began to climb out of bed when she felt Spencer's arms wrap around her waist, pulling her back into bed. She let out a laugh as Spencer crawled above her and hovered. 

   "Do we have to get out of bed now?" he whispered. "What time does the plane take off?"

   "8:45 !" Bella exclaimed. "And it's now 7:48 and we have to leave by 8:30! I still have to shower!"

   "Nooooo," Spencer whined, burying his face into Bella's shoulder. She felt his mouth tickle her ear and he leaned in closer and began to whisper. "Don't shower, you don't have to. You smell like coconut still. Just stay here with me until 8...and then we can start to get ready to go."