ARMS TONITE

"I slipped through into the afterlife"

*               *                *

The world was spinning and it sounded like static. Bella felt her ears ringing as she blinked her eyes open slowly. Her head was pounding and her vision was blurry. A strange muffled noise was surrounding her, talking to her. She opened her eyes wider, making out a figure that was leaning over her. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to blink away the pain.

   "Bells," the muffled voice said. "Sweetheart, can you hear me? Bells?"

   "Hm?" Bella responded, rubbing her eyes. She opened them again to realize that the figure leaning over her was Spencer. His face was etched with concern as he continued to stare at her. Bella began to sit up, her entire body going dizzy.

   "Woah, woah, woah...don't try to sit up."

   The light in the ceiling started to cause Bella's headache to increase, "What happened?" 

   Spencer brushed some hair out of Bella's face, "You passed out, honey. You hit your head."

   Bella looked down at herself to see that she was wearing her bathrobe, her hair still damp. The last thing she remembered doing was looking at herself in the mirror, getting ready to wash her face. Pretty soon after that, everything went black. 

   "How are you feeling right now?" Spencer asked. 

   "I'm fine," Bella said. "I'm just a little dizzy, that's all."

   "Maybe we should skip work, I'll take you to the doctor. You might have a concussion."

   Bella sat up slowly, "No, I'm ok. I think I just need to drink more water." She looked into Spencer's eyes, quickly realizing that he was still unconvinced. "Spence, seriously, I'm ok. Worse things have happened to me on the job and I was perfectly fine after. If it gets worse later today then I'll go to the doctor, I promise."

   Spencer sucked in a breath before hesitantly nodding, "Ok, just please let me know if it really starts hurting. I don't want anything bad happening to you, love." 

   He slowly helped Bella to her feet, holding onto her tightly to ensure that she wouldn't fall again. He kissed her forehead, earning a soft grin from the dizzy doctor. The room was still spinning but she ignored it, not wanting to miss any more work. 

   "Are you ok?" Spencer whispered, rubbing her back. 

   Bella nodded, ignoring the pain in her head, "Always."

*               *               *

   Bella walked onto the crime scene with Derek. In De Motte, Indiana, 4 families had been murdered. They had been hacked to death with axes and some of their body parts were removed and were missing.