CHERRY

"I noticed that there's a piece of you in how I dress"

*               *                *

Rossi's house smelled like turkey and steamed carrots, the smell hitting Bella right in the face the minute she stepped inside. The team sat around his kitchen and living room, indulging in expensive wine and cheeses. Bella set down both an apple and pumpkin pie on the counter before she walked further into the warm room.

   "Bella!" Rossi cheered, putting down a meat thermometer and walking over to the young agent, placing two kisses on her cheeks. "Come stai, caro?" 

   "Sto bene, grazie, e tu?" Bella responded. 

   "Magnifico!" 

   The two laughed as Rossi pinched her cheek and continued to check on the turkey. Bella was greeted with countless cheers and 'hellos' from her co-workers. Derek handed her a glass of wine as she made her way over to the couch, sitting down next to Emily.

   "Can we change this?" Penelope whined as Hotch and Derek had their eyes glued to the football game on the TV. "We should watch Charlie Brown!"

   "Baby girl, I'm not turning off the football game just to watch Charlie Brown," Derek smirked, earning a groan from Penelope.

   "Whatever...boys are so lame."

   Rossi's home was absolutely breathtaking. It felt like a giant warm hug. Not only was it large, but it was also decorated to absolute sheer perfection. All of the Thanksgiving decorations made the place feel so cozy. 

   Out of the corner of Bella's eye, she spotted a large bookshelf with all of Rossi's books. She still couldn't believe that she was working with the man she used to fangirl over as a teenager. It was a dream come true. 

   "I can't wait to eat," Derek said, eyeing the pies that Bella had made. "Snow, do you make these pies from scratch?"

   Bella nodded, "I started baking at a young age...I guess you could say I'm pretty good at it."

   "That's exactly why I have to ask this," Derek began. "Now, I love my mama and all but that woman can NOT bake. She can make one mean turkey but when it comes to pies...the entire house ends up in flames. Would you mind making an apple pie for when I go home for Thanksgiving? I don't feel like eating a Walmart pie this year."

   With a laugh, Bella swallowed the wine she was drinking and nodded, "Of course I can. But next time I have a pile of paperwork to do, expect to see some of it end up on your desk."

   "Fair enough, fair enough." 

   The team was ecstatic to be with each other for their own Thanksgiving celebration. In just a couple of days, they would all be with their own families to spend actual Thanksgiving with. Bella was excited to see her mom and all of her sisters again. She sighed at the fact that she had to make a cherry pie or else Aurora might go ballistic on her.