BURN

"I hope that you burn"

*               *                *

 Fumbling with a stack of books, Bella pushed open the front doors of the FBI Academy. She attempted to balance 4 books in her left hand and hold a cup of tea in her right. The sun shined brightly through the windows, lighting up people's eyes and smiles. Two agents flirted with each other by a water fountain as trainees followed their instructors. 

   A large book suddenly dropped out of Bella's hand, causing a second one to fall as well. With a groan, she bent down and started to restack the books. 

   "What're you doing on the ground, Snow?" the familiar voice of Derek Morgan echoed. 

   Bella looked up to see her friend walking towards her with a large smile on his face. A sense of relief washed over her as she stood up, still trying to balance the thick books in her hand. Morgan reached out and grabbed the stack in his empty hands, which were usually holding a cup of coffee. 

   "You're my hero," Bella said with a grin, adjusting the go bag on her shoulder. Morgan chuckled as the boarded the elevator, making their way upstairs to the rest of the team.

   "What's with the books?" he asked while looking down at the covers.

   "I brought them for Spencer to borrow, surprisingly he hasn't read them yet." 

   Morgan looked over the books with a warm smile, "Let's see what we've got here, 'Persuasion', 'Les Misérables', 'Emma', and 'Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café.'  Reid seriously hasn't read any of these? They're classics!"  

   Bella laughed and shrugged her shoulders, "My thoughts exactly! But I seriously think he only reads books about organic chemistry and petroleum engineering."

   "Oh you know it." 

   The two agents exited the elevator and made their way towards the doors of the BAU, Bella holding the door open for Morgan. He winked and thanked her, making his way inside and setting the books down on Spencer's desk. Spencer picked them up with a smile.

   "Thanks Bella," Spencer said, holding up a book. "They're a lot smaller than I expected."

   Morgan scoffed, "Kid, 'Les Misérables' is over 800 pages! Please explain to me how that's small."

   Spencer shrugged as Morgan made his way to his desk, shaking his head in disbelief. Bella set down the tea on her desk and took off her light jacket. 

   "I would've brought you the French version," she said, pointing at the book. "But I didn't know how well your French is, so I brought the English version instead."

   "I'm actually quite good at French," Spencer smiled. "But the English version is just fine." 

   JJ's heels clicked on the ground aggressively as she walked from her office over to the rest of the team. She sighed and held up a case file, her face scrunching in disgust.