GREEN EYES

"I could never go on without you"

Episode: Damaged (Season 3, Episode 14)

*                *                *

 It took less than a second for Spencer to open his apartment door the second he heard Bella knocking on it. Whipping the door open, he stood there with an awkward smile on his face. Bella grinned back before raising an eyebrow.

   "Hey!" Spencer exclaimed. "You can-uh...come on in!"

   With a smile, Bella stepped into his warm apartment. An overwhelming smell of cleaning products filled her nostrils, smothering the usual smell of fresh coffee and new books. The apartment was almost spotless without anything looking out of place. The pillows on the sofa were propped up next to a neatly folded blanket, there wasn't a single crooked picture frame, no book was out of place, and both the kitchen and coffee table had no clutter.

   Spencer secretly hoped to himself that it wasn't obvious that he went on a cleaning frenzy. Typically he kept his apartment tidy with the occasional stack of books occupying the coffee table. But today he made sure to neatly organize everything and wipe down everything with Clorox wipes. He wanted to make Bella think that he was always this organized, his life constantly being in order.

   Peeking over at a dark brown desk by a book shelf, Bella stared at the numerous pens and pencils Spencer had gathered in a coffee mug. His degrees hung in frames above the desk, being flaunted proudly. With a grin, Bella smiled at the sight of the book 'Emma' laying on the desk. It looked the same as the day Bella gave it to him, almost 2 years prior.

   "It's beautiful in here, Spence," Bella smiled. "You have a good eye for decoration." 

   "Oh thanks," Spencer chuckled. "I-uh-I had to read a lot of home decoration magazine and get ideas from them. It doesn't look as nice as the magazines did...but it's home."

   "I think you did a great job."

   Spencer smiled, "Oh! The movie!" He grabbed his satchel that was hanging off of the back of his desk chair, opening it up and pulling out 'The Goonies.' Bella smiled and gasped, taking the movie from him and looking down at it.

   "You're going to love this," Bella smiled. "I could watch this movie a million times."

   "I can't wait. I ordered the pizza about 20 minutes ago, it should be here soon."

   "Great!"

   The two agents nodded and awkwardly looked around the apartment. Bella crossed her arms, hugging herself in an attempt to calm down. Spencer shoved his hands into his pockets and rocked back and forth before looking over at the couch. 

   "You could...uh...we can sit down if you want," Spencer stuttered. "Do you want anything? A water? Is it too cold or hot in here?"

   "I'm fine, Spencer," Bella chuckled, sitting down on his couch and taking off her over the shoulder purse. Spencer nodded and grabbed the movie, walking over to the TV and putting it in.