ZOMBIE

"And the violence caused such silence"

*               *               *

"How was your weekend, kid?" Morgan asked, pouring some sugar into his coffee. Spencer shrugged and grabbed the bag of sugar from him, quickly adding scoops to his own cup of hot coffee.

"It was...good, great actually," he answered. Morgan raised his eyebrows and smiled before nudging Spencer with his elbow.

"Great, huh?" Derek teased. "Pretty boy, did you get a little loving?"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, "What? No, I just got some new books that's all."

The two agents walked out of the kitchen and towards their desks. Spencer stirred his coffee and looked up to see Bella working at her desk. He felt a light smile tug at his lips as he watched her smile to herself once she finished filling out a large stack of paperwork. Derek looked over at Spencer and followed his gaze, grinning once he realized that Spencer was staring at Bella.

"Pretty boy, you got a crush or something?" Derek teased. "Did you see her at all this weekend?"

"I don't have a crush!" Spencer scoffed, getting defensive. "Snow and I are friends, Morgan. All we did was buy books this weekend, it was nice."

Derek grinned, "Just friends...alrighty then."

Spencer shook his head as Derek walked over and sat down at his desk. Spencer walked over to his desk and sat down, shoving a stack of books and files out of the way in order to set his cup of coffee down. He took off his glasses and cleaned them with his sweater, getting rid of any smudges and dust.

Gideon walked into the room, heading towards the stairs up to his office, with a taller woman with dark black hair following behind him. The team looked over in confusion as Hotch quickly entered Gideon's office as well, joining the two agents. Derek, Bella, and Spencer exchanged perplexed glances.

"Who was that?" Derek asked, twirling a pencil in his hands.

Spencer shrugged, "I know that Gideon was looking for new agents since Elle left, maybe she was hired."

The three of them stared at the door, waiting for any sudden movement. JJ walked by, smiling at the team and scrunching her eyebrows once she saw them all staring at the door. She looked over and smiled.

"You'll meet her soon enough," she said, knocking on Gideon's door. "We have a case, you mind as well head to the conference room now."

"Is she joining the BAU?" Derek asked, standing up.

JJ nodded, "Yeah, she was hired a couple days ago. I heard she's really good."

Gideon answered the door to see his agents staring at him with wide and curious eyes. He sighed and nodded once JJ told him there was a new case, quickly turning to the new agent and saying something. Derek, Spencer, and Bella all scurried into the conference room in an attempt to look like they weren't staring down the door for the past 5 minutes.