SIGN OF THE TIMES

"Why are we always stuck and running from the bullets?"

Episode: LDSK (Season 1, Episode 6)

*                *                *

"You did it, Dimples!" Morgan exclaimed as Bella sat down at her desk. "With my help I KNEW that you would pass the gun qualifications!"

"I barely passed, Derek," Bella responded. "If anything, I did the bare minimum."

"You still passed! I know of a 24 year old man that didn't."

Bella's mouth dropped as Morgan laughed, his smile bright and wide. She scowled as he sat down at his desk.

"That wasn't nice," she said, playing with a pencil on her desk.

Morgan shrugged and laughed again, "I'm only teasing!"

Bella shook her head as Gideon walked through the door holding a styrofoam cup of coffee.

"Reid failed his qualification," Elle said before any of the other team member had to deliver the news.

Gideon sighed, "Well, he can re-test in 2 weeks."

"He's still going to be embarrassed about it," Bella said, sticking up for the kind doctor. "So, let's not mention it."

Bella glared over at Morgan, making eye contact. She gave him a stern look while he tried to act tough and stare back. He eventually gave up, going into another fit of laughter.

"Not a word," he said with his hands up in surrender.

The team looked over to see Spencer walk towards their desks. His face was glum and his eyes were sad. His waist was bare with no gun to occupy it. Bella frowned and looked down at her desk, trying to distract herself with paperwork. She didn't want to bring any unwanted and negative attention towards Spencer. She understood how it felt to feel weak or vulnerable, Spencer felt this way being an FBI agent who couldn't even pass a gun qualification.

Spencer sat down at his desk not bothering to hide his disappointment and embarrassment. He took off his satchel and set it down roughly next to his desk. Bella peeked up from her paperwork and looked at the doctor with sympathy. She quickly looked back down, not wanting to draw any attention to him.

"Hey," Morgan said, getting up and walking over to Spencer. "We're all here for you, I'm serious. If you ever need anything, just blow on that."

Bella watched as Morgan put a rape whistle on Spencer. Spencer immediately took it off and threw it to the floor in anger.

"Derek," Bella said in a soft voice, making eye contact with him as he walked by.

Morgan shrugged and smiled, continuing to walk back to his desk. Bella shook her head in mortification for Spencer. She frowned, her heart hurting entirely for him. She longed to give him a hug and tell him it would be ok.