BETTER PLACE

"Everything's alright when you're with me"

*               *               *

Spencer knew that the next 6 to 7 months were going to be long. He wasn't allowed on the field for some time, he constantly had to keep off his leg, and he had to use a cane for the next 6 to 7 months. He hated feeling so helpless and he hated that he wouldn't be able to go to work for the next 2 weeks.

   Bella never left Spencer's side since the incident happened. She had been staying at his apartment every single night, even taking Rigby over to stay the night. She was there to help take care of him and help him adjust to his cane. Spencer hated that he wasn't able to do things for himself anymore. He felt as if he was taking advantage of Bella's kindness.

   Every morning Spencer would wake up to Bella's peaceful face, her breaths soft. He found himself laying there for some time admiring her, studying her features, and taking in all of her beauty. Eventually, she would wake up and smile warmly. Spencer would beg her not to go to work, to instead stay home with him and watch movies all day. She knew that he was bored and craved being back at work.

   Rolling out of bed, Bella would make Spencer breakfast despite his protests. She knew that he wanted to be able to do things for himself, but she wouldn't let him. Bella enjoyed taking care of Spencer, she enjoyed spending time with him. Even though the leg injury was hell, Spencer was glad that he was able to wake up to Bella every single day. He loved that she was there every single night and day. 

   Work felt strange without Spencer or Hotch there, them both recovering from major injuries. The team was still recovering from everything they had to witness their co-workers go through. Bella found herself receiving phone calls from Spencer frequently, him asking for information on the case. He would try to come up with his own profile, calling Bella to tell her some of the theories he came up with.  

   Coming home, Bella would find Spencer reading on the couch or snuggling with Rigby. Some nights Spencer would attempt to surprise Bella with a dinner that he cooked. Those dinners usually turned out burnt or undercooked, resulting in the couple ordering pizza. Bella enjoyed staying at Spencer's. She enjoyed falling asleep in his arms and always feeling safe. Some nights they would find themselves staying up for hours talking. 

   They felt safe with each other, talking about absolutely anything. They reflected on old times and discussed what they wanted in the future. They talked about how far they've both come and how much they've had to go through. From Spencer's addiction to Bella leaving Owen, they praised each other for being so strong. They both talked about their childhoods and what college was like for them as pre-teens. They joked about how they used to be so awkward around each other when Bella first started working. 

   "Didn't you go on a date with JJ?" Bella whispered with a laugh.

   Spencer snorted, "It wasn't a date...she ended up bringing Penelope along." Bella let out a loud laugh as Spencer chuckled.