HAYLOFT

"My daddy's got a gun"

*               *               *

The sky was grey and gloomy in Deadwood, South Dakota. The town was small, the population was dwindling, the buildings were crumbling, and the fear in the town was at its highest. No small town ever expects a serial killer to take over, let alone two serial killers. The residents of Deadwood lived in fear for 7 months as women kept turning up dead, blood drained out of them, and words such as 'whore' and 'slut' carved into them.

   The day a man by the name of Randy Brown was caught dumping a body, the town seemed to sleep better at night. They thought that the killer was finally located and arrested, but fear began to set in more when more dead women began to turn up. 

   Hotch looked over the case file, reading about the M.O. and nature of these murders. The team felt compelled to end this case soon and to restore peace in Deadwood. JJ was finally back from maternity leave, the team wanted to get this case out of the way so they could throw her and welcome back party. 

   "I want you to sit in with me," Hotch ordered, Bella giving a quick nod. "This guy is a raging misogynist, speaking to a woman of authority may cause his true colors to show and that might make him slip up. He has a partner, we all know it."

   The two agents made their way into the interrogation room, a large man with greasy black hair sat in the chair. His pants were covered in dirt and his shirt looked like it hadn't been washed in months. The minute he saw Bella enter the room, his scowl became even deeper.

   "Randy Brown, I'm Agent Hotchner and this is Doctor Snow," Hotch stated. "We're not here to play any games, Randy. We know that you have a partner because dead bodies are still turning up. Who is it?"

   "I'm not saying anything until this bitch leaves the room," Randy spit, glaring at Bella. 

   "She's not going anywhere, Randy. Answer the question."

   "Did she sleep her way into this job? There's no way a woman could become an FBI Agent without sleeping with someone."

   "Who is killing these women, Randy?"

   Randy scoffed and crossed his arms, "I'm not stupid, Agent Hotchner. You're never going to find him, he's a lot smarter than both of you combined."

   "Him?" Hotch questioned, causing Randy's face to go red. "You just admitted that it's a him."

   Bella quickly exited the room, dialing Penelope's number as fast as she could.

   "Girl genius!" Penelope answered the phone, her voice sweet and enthusiastic. "What are you wishing to know on this fine evening?"

   "Randy Brown," Bella said. "Can you check for me if he has any brothers?"