PAPARAZZI

"I'm your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me"

Episode: Somebody's Watching (Season 1, Episode 18)

*               *               *

"The first 2 victims were Wally Melman and Chloe Harris," Morgan said as the team sat on the plane, on their way to meet Spencer and Gideon in Los Angeles. "They were both killed in public places, Chloe killed while walking her dog and Wally was killed outside of a massage parlor." 

   "There isn't a single witness so this unsub is able to blend in," Hotch stated while looking at the countless papers laid out in front of him.

   JJ held her coffee mug close to her and sat down on the couch next to Elle, "The media is calling Natalie Ryan's murder the biggest celebrity homicide since Sharon Tate." 

   Bella widened her eyes, "That's bold. That means everyone is going to be watching us including the media, the public, and even this unsub."

   Something about today felt strange to Bella and she didn't know why. It wasn't the case they were working on, she had seen and heard of far worse. But something felt incredibly off and wrong about today and she couldn't lay a finger on it. 

*                      *                      *

   "This guy is an assassin," Hotch said as the team settled in the police station. "The victimology has no obvious links and all of the kills are clean except in the instance of the last victim, Jeremy Collins."

   "There's no evidence left at the crime scene," Elle said. "There's no DNA or manifestation of psycho-sexual release. Also, there's no detectable signature of any kind."

   Spencer nodded while sitting on the counter, "I think we're looking for a type four assassin. Type one's are political assassins, type two's are egocentrics looking for simple recognition, type three's are psychopaths, and type four's suffer from mental disorders and is frequently delusional." 

   Glancing over at Bella, Spencer admired the color red on her. He thought back to the night weeks ago when they shared that awkward elevator ride together. The words he had been meaning to say burned at the back of his throat. He hated not being friends with her and he hated be so far away from her. He scooted along the counter towards the chair she was sitting in and softly cleared his throat. Bella whipped her head around and glared at the doctor, who recently had a knack for sneaking up behind her. 

   "Sorry," he said with a grin. "I-um-I just wanted to say, or ask you actually, uh could we t-talk later? Like, after this case is over I just want to talk to you about something."

   Bella felt like a hundred pounds had been lifted off of her shoulders, "Oh, uh yeah sure." 

   "Great."