Chapter Fifteen

Thursday morning started out rough. Firstly, I missed my alarm to get up, and because I was running late for my first day of classes, I skipped breakfast. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Lucky I got a tour from Cyrene last night or I'd be a goner. I ran into the academic building with seconds to spare. Today I wore pants and a purple sweater vest. Only because I haven't gotten around to washing my uniforms and I'm already running low on choices. I swear I look like a dude from behind.

My eyes scan the room and I notice every single last seat is filled. Not only that but like Cyrene warned these kids are no older than 13 tops. The youngest I swear looks like a ten-year-old. They all stare and blink at me in curiosity.

I walk in and glance to the front of the classroom. There isn't anyone there. I look around in confusion again before leaning against the wall. I pull out my schedule to make sure I am in the right place.

And it confirms I am.

Professor Puck Stibbons. Gen. course 1.

"Boo!" someone says behind me causing me to scream and drop my paper.

The class laughs at me.

I whirl around and face a rather plump and rounded man. He looks to be in his late 40's, maybe a tab bit younger. He has small glasses that hang on the edge of his nose. He's already balding and wears a fancy cap to hide that fact. Wispy brown hair pokes out the side.

"Told you she scares easily," Vega walks in behind him.

He lets out a nice hardy chuckle and waddles into the room.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss at her before bending down and picking up my paper schedule.

"You'll find out soon enough," she flicks me in the nose.

"Hello class," he says.

"Hello Professor Puck," The class says in unison.

"Finally, the time has come where the wonderful and lovely Miss Ellison joins our class. Remember what we discussed, I want everyone to show her what a wonderful class and experience this will be."

I smile nervously at everyone.

Someone comes in behind me, scraping a new desk across the floor.

They set it right at the front by the door before walking out without a word.

Professor Puck motions for me to sit down so I do.

"Now, Miss Ellison—"

"Emery, just call me Emery," I interrupt.

"Emery," he corrects himself. "You are just a tab bit behind." He pinches the air with his fingers.

The class giggles.

"But no worries, Vega here has volunteered to help get you caught up."

"Oh joy," I grumble.

She smirks at me.

"But! She is also here today for a different reason. Okay, class today we continue our journey into the many types of Casters. We've gone over almost all types, only a few to go. And one of those types just so happens to be what Miss Vega here is. Can anyone guess?"

A kid only a few seats next to me shoots his hand up in the air like answering the question is life or death.

"Yes?"

"Psy Caster." He says.

"Great job Zach, and how did you know that?"

"She has on a pink shirt. Psy Casters wear pink at Belmore."