Chapter Sixteen

The rest of my classes before lunch were pretty normal and basic. After Professor Puck, I went to Professor Pennington's class. He teaches basic math and science; in that class, I was with people my age. I was still a little behind, but it was almost like being back at my old school. Then it was to Professor Lindsey's class. He's a character. He teaches Literature. Basically, the same as my old school, although they do look for more Caster symbolism than we did at my old school. He's very passionate and can get worked up very easily. By the end of the class, he was basically shouting about what he thought the book was trying to say.

Also, calling my teachers professor is weird. I didn't have to do that at my old school. We would just call them Mr. or Mrs whatever their last name was. Here it's always Professor first. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

My last class before lunch is a little like my first class, I am back with the babies and the subject is History. But, not just any history. Caster History. Which does intertwine with regular history a lot but there is also a lot of stuff about Caster's being involved in things that my old school left out. I felt like I was relearning world history all over again, but this time it's the Caster addition.

Who knew Caster's have so much history?

I got let out early and got lunch with the babies before walking to Cyrene's office. I have a two-hour break before my next class. When I walk in Cyrene is mid makeout city with her girlfriend. I clear my throat and they spring apart.

"Sorry, next time I'll knock," I said.

"Uh, emm can you forget you saw that?" Cyrene's face turns bright red.

"Saw what?" I sit down at her desk and take out my food to eat.

"We'll pick this up later tonight," Lorelei gets up and pinches Cyrene on the butt before walking out.

Cyrene stares after her, biting her lip.

I clear my throat again.

"Right, sorry. Guess I lost track of time."

"Clearly," I say around a mouthful of fries.

"Well, that's slightly embarrassing. I'm going to go fetch something to eat to recover from this and when I get back, we'll start." She says.

I hold up and thumbs up as I bite my burger.

As soon as she leaves, I get up and look around her office.

If she really is the council's lapdog she probably has classified intel in here somewhere.

I move the books on her shelf, checking the titles as I go. Then I go to the pile of paperwork sitting on her coffee table. Nothing too scandalous there so I turn to her computer and click the screen on.

Someone clearing their throat makes me flinch.

I quickly pull away and look at the door.

It's Lorelei again, she caught me red-handed.

I watch her go pick up her jacket which she forgot on the ground.

"What were you doing?" she asks.

"Nothing," I lie.

She raises an eyebrow.

I feel my cheeks heat up.

"I was just curious," I say when she still hasn't left.

"About?"

"Err umm being a lesbian." I come up with.

I feel my cheeks get warmer.