Chapter Thirty-Three

I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Like it seems so obvious. I kind of feel like an idiot for not thinking of it sooner. The only way to figure out if what is happening to me is a product of time magic is to talk to a time caster themselves. Hello! Duh.

The idea hit me in Professor Wiggins Spellcasting class. I was reading a book about different glyphs and the variations between casters. While everyone else worked on some spell casting assignment. The book I was reading said that all Casters have magic residue and something of a signature they put in their glyph which lets other Casters know of their handy work. Everyone is born with their own signature, even if you can't see it right away in the glyph the magic residue will always reveal it. Each type of Caster has different magic residue, that's a given, and that's when it hit me.

If a time Caster is doing this to me, a time Caster would be able to see the magic residue and even the signature and help me figure this out. It was like this eureka moment. So I skipped out on P.E. again and went to the library to find out if there are any time casters on campus.

I started with the staff directory which quickly led me nowhere. Then it hit me, Lorelei is here as part of the four pillars and so was that other guy, Latavius. Technically they aren't part of the staff here, so they wouldn't be in the directory. But I am sure they have offices here. I bet they have a Time Caster with them.

So I looked at building layouts and whatnot but still didn't find what I was looking for. I was about to give up and leave when a flyer on the corkboard by the front door caught my eye.

Come and join the four pillars as they lead a sermon for this year's Autumnal equinox. The energy circle will be led by Gideon Melburn, Time Caster and lead representative for the four pillars here at Belmore.

The location is Crystal Keep.

The date and time, next Thursday at 7:45 PM.

I took it off the board and read the small text at the bottom, weekly sermons are held every Friday at seven. Tomorrow is Thursday, yes! Finally, I can get some real answers here. I shove the flyer into my backpack and run off to the cafeteria for dinner.

"There you are!" Nerissa strides over to me.

I skipped lunch to avoid Vega.

"Here I am," I say.

"You did it!" she shakes me by the shoulders.

"I did? Wait what did I do?" I ask.

"You freaking genius! Your plan worked, I've been getting calls and emails all day with people wanting to back us for the student election. Not just from Belmore but from outside non-caster organizations too! You did it!" she shakes me aggressively.

"Wha, okay, I did it, yay." I laugh and pull away from her.

"With this many backers no way the council can turn us down to be on the ballot."

"So we get to move to phase two of our plan, easy peasy," I say.

She breathes a big sigh of relief.

"Brava, I admit I may have written you off too soon," Lysander walks over to us. "But it's not over till it's over." He flicks me in the forehead and saunters off.

Nerissa rolls her eyes at him.

"Jerk," I grumble.

"Hey," Vega comes up behind me.

I stiffen. Nerissa eyes me.

"Uh, hey," I turn to face her.

"Was it something I said earlier or something?" she asks.