Chapter thirty-five

I don't know why it never crossed my mind that Caster's would have their own unique religion. It just didn't. Religion isn't something I usually think about. Even though my dad is uber-religious. Or at least he claims to be, but I have yet to see that man go to a church a day in his life.

Religion is not really my thing. It's all a bunch of bologna if you ask me. How can something you can't see, can't feel, can't hear, be responsible for everything? Not only that, but it creeps me out that people worship a book written by some dudes who technically weren't even alive at the time they claim the events proving god is real took place. Seems kind of sus.

Maybe I should have told someone about my bright idea about going to this sermon and confronting a time caster for help. Vega, Nerissa, heck I'd even take Dariyah at this point. Because walking in alone to this, whatever it is, made me feel super uncomfortable.

I had planned to come super early and skip out of the whole sermon altogether, but in typical Emery fashion, I lost track of time and ended up getting here just before the start of the sermon.

To my surprise, it's a full house. Lots of people of all ages, sizes, and magic types filled the pews to the max. They all squeezed in, shoulder to shoulder. I don't even have the first clue as to what is going on.

"Emery,"

I turn and see Darko.

Instantly I feel relieved I don't have to go through this alone. And there is an empty spot next to him. I slowly move past people and slide into the seat next to him.

"Hey." He says.

"What is this?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah I guess you wouldn't know about our religion either." He says.

"There's a lot of people here." I look around.

"Yeah, this is like the only place Casters can get together without judgment or worrying about whatever goes on outside those doors. It's an experience, it's what connects us all. Look," he points.

I turn to see the usual jerks sitting up front.

"We always come to this thing together, but they never pick on me here. And over there," I turn and see some council members here.

"Wow," I said.

"Doesn't matter your status, everyone is on an even playing field here." He says.

"So like, what is your religion about anyway?"

"So Casters get their abilities from the energy around them. We call them the cosmical energies. These energies come from all sorts of realms, times, places, even from space. Through our religion, we try and connect to these energies and find deeper meaning. We believe the cosmical energies are more than just that like they are alive almost. Like they want to show and tell us something. Some casters have a deep connection to their energies, almost like those energies are alive and have personalities. Have you ever felt that with light energy?" he asks.

I glance at the lights on the walls, and they flicker.

"Uh... maybe..." I narrow my eyes at it.

It glows brighter.

"Great, then you are in the right place. These sermons are to bring clarity, help us try and figure out what the energies are saying and form even deeper connections. As a Star Caster's this should come easier to you. In the past Star Casters used to lead sermons. Star Casters always had deeper connections to the cosmical energies. Because they have the ability to look into other realms. Theoretically of course."