Chapter 25

Thank you to everyone who waited! I'm so sorry for the late update, but I hope you enjoy having two chapters to read :)

‼️CONTENT WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONSENSUAL SEXUAL CONTENT‼️ (pls be safe bbys)

The way back did not feel anywhere near as long as the way there—perhaps that was just my excitement, though. Too soon, we pulled into the large circle drive in front of his enormous home. Half of me almost expected Machi to jump out somewhere, and I had to remember to distract Chrollo from seeing the little box she told me she'd placed inside.

I slid my coat back over my shoulders and shivered in the cold January night air as I stepped out of the car. Before I began walking towards the house, I paused and waited for Chrollo, watching as he locked the sleek vehicle and quickly made his way up to me. Smiling, I grabbed his hand and twined my fingers with his—it was easier for him, I think, since I was wearing platform shoes.

The lights were all off in the house when he opened the door—I snagged the keys from his hand and hung them up, instantly noticing the package-like cardboard box on the left side of the rug. I bit my lip as the foyer lights flipped on, and turned to see Chrollo taking the food to the kitchen. I sighed heavily in relief, and with shaky hands, I unzipped my combat boots and picked up the box immediately. The rustling sound of something heavy and metal sounded inside of the flimsy package, and I rushed upstairs as quietly as possible.

The bed was still made, the red blankets smoothed and dramatic against the black pillows and the dark wood headboard. There were posts on the ends, but the bed was huge—I wondered how long the chains were. With an ear out for his footsteps, though in my mind I knew from experience that he was silent as the grave, I opened the flaps and peered inside the box. My eyes widened at the sight of sturdy leather cuffs attached to elaborate shiny silver metal latches; they jingled and shook gently as I pulled them out, discarding the box and laying them lengthwise on the bed.

This is plenty.

I smirked to myself and examined the end of the chains, seeing an enormous clasp—it looked as if it was supposed to wrap around and then link to itself. The aura coming off of it was strong, palpable. It must have been something she bought at a specialty shop somewhere.

Damn, Machi.

Surprisingly, the chains were actually pretty heavy, more weighted than I'd expected. The leather cuffs had a sort of adjustable belt-like link. I kept shooting glances back to the closed bedroom doors as I carefully tucked both of the enormous chains under the pillows, pulling back the fluffy blankets in the process to free up space. My heart was roaring in my ears as I nodded to myself and turned to leave the room.

As I opened the door, I saw Chrollo walking down the hall, untying his headband. His wide eyes met mine, and he smiled gently.

"Are you tired already, my love?" he inquired, stepping closer and lifting my chin.

I shrugged and reached up to pull his loosened wrap away, balling it up in one hand. His gaze constricted curiously as he walked me forward—suddenly, we were both in the bedroom.

"I'll be confiscating this until further notice." I held up the loose headband, smirking.

"Oh?" Chrollo's head tilted warningly, and he turned my body, shoving me roughly against the door and slamming it in the process. My breathing hitched as he exhaled gently over my lips, and I heard the sound of a lock turning before he placed his hand around my throat. "What do you plan on doing with it, hmm?"

"That's for me to know, and you to find out," I breathed.

I felt him smile softly against my lips and kiss a trail down my jaw and the exposed skin of my neck, eliciting a shaky sigh from me. His grip around my throat loosened, and his fingers trailed lightly down my chest—I leaned my head back when he bit down on the sensitive spot below my ears, my mouth open slightly in a silent whimper. My own hands lifted and tugged against the sleeves of his blazer, and he instantly understood.