Chapter 26

HEY HEY I'M ALIVE :D Happy New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day, whenever you guys are reading this! I hope you've all had amazing breaks from school or work or whatever :)

You guys I am so excited about how this book is gonna go PLSSSS I just hope I don't break too many hearts and destroy too many dreams. ANYWAYS AHA

*TW: MENTIONS OF PAST ABUSE*

Tingles ran relaxingly over my neck at the sensation of soft fingers combing through my hair. I inhaled deeply, my lips twitching up into a sleepy smile at the comforting scent of smokey lavender and clean musk. Slowly, my eyes fluttered open. My body felt warm and safe, and I realized I'd woken up in a position opposite to how I'd fallen asleep, this time with my head on Chrollo's chest and my arms around his waist, tucked in his embrace.

Stretching out my legs below me, I sighed and looked up. Chrollo was watching me with a half-open, tired gaze, his features visible through the gentle morning light from the glass balcony doors. His hand in my hair paused as I extended my neck to place a kiss on his collarbones, snuggling closer again. He chuckled, his breath tickling my hair.

"Did you sleep well, my love?"

I nodded into his chest.

"You fell asleep before I did last night," I pointed out slyly.

Chrollo tilted my head up, a wide smile on his face.

"I think that means you fucked me to sleep," he murmured.

My cheeks flushed, and I groaned, untangling my legs from his and shoving away from him. A rolling laugh escaped from his throat when I turned over on my stomach and buried my face in the pillows, bringing the red blankets around me tightly.

"(Y/n), come back." His velvety voice was breathy around his laughter.

"No," I huffed, curling up into a ball.

His chuckles died down, and the room fell quiet for a moment. I didn't dare to raise my head—I was still blushing hotly—but I kept an ear out for any movements, any weight changes in the soft mattress. My heartbeat increased in the silence, and I waited, unconsciously gripping tighter to the blankets.

Several minutes passed; I bit my lip and shifted slightly, trying to feel his energy, his aura, behind me, but coming up with nothing.

Did he leave?

The mattress dipped just barely, but there was still no sense of life force or Chrollo's emotional climate, one that I'd become so familiar with. I turned immediately, glaring playfully in the direction of where he should have been, but he was gone. My brows furrowed and my eyes narrowed in suspicion, but before I could react, I felt the blankets move as they were yanked away from me.

Oh, shit.

I yelped and scrambled to the edge of the bed, understanding instantly what was happening.

He's using that Nen ability. Fuck.

My limbs felt sore and tired, though, and my attempt to escape was shaky. I gasped when I felt his arms lock around my midsection and pull me back to his bare chest, but there was still no energy I could link the sensation to. My teeth clamped together as I struggled feebly against his iron grip, my heart racing and my breathing uneven. The blankets were brought back up around my waist, and the more I moved, the more I found myself tied up in them. It wasn't long before I was pressed securely to his body—Chrollo held me from behind, one of his hands wrapped around both of my wrists and pinning them to my chest. I sighed in faux annoyance, trapped.

Suddenly, however, I saw his other arm above me, holding his Nen book for a split second, and then it disappeared, returning the feeling of his presence. He leaned down to kiss my head, a smile on his lips.