Chapter 2

You had invited Turpin back for a second appointment. You needed to look at his eyes again. You hadn't managed to capture his certain deepness and intensity. You heard a knock on the door when you were working on the paintings hair and you wandered over to the door. 

"Judge Turpin" you said, smiling.

He smiled slightly as he walked in behind you. He sat down on the seat he sat in and you smiled. "I just wanted to capture your eyes and also check about the hair," you said. "I ask only four or five appointments. I know as a judge you are busy"

"Exceedingly" he said. "But I always take time out of my timetable for beautiful women and their needs. 

You smirked and shook your head slightly. You managed to find the right colours and you pulled a face, gently adding the colours onto the painting. "You have the most piercing eyes" you said, looking back at them.

"I find they help when I am judging" he said. "People seem to tell me their dark and deepest secrets due to my eyes"

"I can see why" you smiled at the eyes you painted, they had the slight glint which Turpin had. You started at the hair again, his greying hair looked soft and luxurious. "May I ask a strange request?"

"Go on"

"Could I run my fingers through your hair?" you asked. He raised his eyebrows. "So I know its texture."

"If you wish" Turpin said. You smiled and walked towards him. He raised his eyebrows again as you ran your fingers through it. You where right, his hair was soft and smooth. After a short while, you patted it back in place and went back to the painting. He looked at you strangely and you smiled slightly. You carried on looking to him and back to the canvas, polishing off the hair and then the suit which was luxurious and expensive. 

After while of painting, you smiled. "You may go" you said smiling. "It's great to have your patronage judge"

He smiled. "I did hear you were one of the better painters in London"

"That is defiantly an overexaggeration." you mumbled, whipping your hands with a cloth. 

Turpin frowned and you showed him out. 

Turpin through the entire appointment had been staring at you. You seemed to intrigue him. You where beautiful yet hit behind the canvas. He notices how you like to tuck your hair behind your ear and stick the paintbrush in your mouth and suck on it in thought. He chuckled as the carriage took him home. You where a talented woman, he could see that and he wanted to get to know you further. Maybe he could invite you to the opera as a thank you. He smiled. And then dinner? He thought, trying to think of a way to get to know you.

You meanwhile were carrying on the painting. You did it quickly, being enthralled by his features and wanting to do it all through the night. He was so handsome and you wanted to see him again before giving him the painting. You booked another appointment and smiled at the painting which was mostly formed in front of you. The oil was wet still so you left it to dry. You couldn't however get his face out of your head. You frowned. This didn't happen usually with clients, your photographic memory which allowed you to remember faces well was not like with this, until now. You sighed and fell asleep with Turpin in your mind.