Chapter 37

The week is as planned. You were going to Broadstairs in Kent with the new train lines which had been created to connect London with the beach towns.

Soon the day arrived and you packed your things slowly. You hadn't moved back into the master bedroom yet, the memories being too difficult. Instead, you stayed in the guest room with William.

You had never seen the seaside, only seeing pictures of the water and the sand. You had always wanted to go and now you sat on the train, the countryside rushing past you. William had reserved a carriage box and you sat, your head rested on William's shoulder. William meanwhile read a book but sometimes rubbed your thigh with love which made you smile.

"Do you require anything?" William asked, resting his hand again on your thigh.

"maybe some water" you said, closing your eyes and sighing.

William picked up the water next to him and placed it to your lips, making you smile and open your eyes, taking the water and sipping it yourself. "What are you reading?" you asked, looking back at William who opened his book again.

"Crime and punishment by Dostoevsky" he said, closing the book but using his thumb to hold the page.

"Could I?" you ask, placing the water down.

"Of course sweet one" he mused, reaching down and placing his bookmark on the page before handing you the beautiful book. You flipped to the first page and started to read it.

"At the beginning of July, during a spell of exceptionally hot weather toward the evening, a certain young man came down on the street from a little room here, entered from some tenants in s- lane and slowly, almost hesitantly set off towards K-n Bridge" you read. Suddenly you felt William resting his head next to yours, reading, and as you turned the page he stopped your hand, holding it to the book and stroking it until he had finished reading and let go of your hand.

Together you read the book, enjoying each other's company and how the world slipped away when reading it. When you reached chapter six you yawned, placing the book on William's lap and leaning into him again. The past weeks had been traumatic and you had lost a lot of sleep over it, now you were away from the house, you felt a little better. For William, it had also been traumatic, he tried to keep strong for you but still found himself regularly holding back his emotions which threatened to consume him. William was happy that he still had you, he looked down at you, gently snoozing on his shoulder and frowned, he wondered if you would ever be able to have a child. William was not a pious man yet he found himself praying slightly for the health of you and of a child in the future, he placed his hand gently on your stomach and blessed it, remembering how his father blessed him as a boy.

The train stopped and William gently cooed you awake which made you jump in a start. "Don't be worried" William cooed "The train has just stopped"

"Are we here?" you ask.

"Yes love" he said, standing slowly and taking his hat, placing it upon his head. He looked back at you and his heart melted, he forgot how beautiful and wonderful you were to him. He stood for a second before snapping out of his trance and taking your arm. "Were you thinking of doing painting?" he asked, escorting you out of the train and onto the platform.

"I hope so" you murmured, feeling the sea air hit you and you breathed it in.

"Did you know even the Queen of England comes here" he whispered, kissing your temple. "anything fit for the Queen is fit for my princess" You went red and giggled, letting William escort you away to an expensive-looking hotel. You smiled. You knew you would like it here.