Chapter 30

To your surprise, William got even more protective of you. As your stomach increased, so did his doting. He decided to do most of his work at home, keeping a close eye on you as he worked, like he was scared you would disappear. His favourite thing to do was lay with you, one hand on your ever-growing bump and his other arm being a cushion for your head as you smuggled into his neck, your head leaning on his shoulder. He also loved kissing your stomach and running his hands all over it, which made you laugh slightly.

William had always wanted a child of his own, first satisfied with a ward and with you, he wished for a child which he could nurture and teach. One thought however plagued his mind, this being what if you didn't survive. He had done many court verdicts of angry husbands taking to court doctors who allowed for the death of their wife, their child or both. He would not let that happen to you, his sweet little angel. No, he must protect you, he must find the best doctor in London. Money was no option anymore, all he cared about was you and the little child growing inside you.

You found William's constant doting and refusal to let you out, even with him, annoying. Every day at 7 pm he would drag you out to the courtyard where you would sit. He said the night air was good for the growth of the child, to be frank, you were just glad to feel the wind. After an hour of sitting, you were dragged back in and the door locked.

William had also named things which was too much on you and would hurt the baby, included scary books, corsets (he refused you wear a corset at all) and finally sex. He obviously found that last one difficult, as he ended up masturbating to his thoughts of you every couple of days. He did this away from everyone, but you knew he did it. It made you somewhat pleased, that he didn't look for a mistress of a prostitute to let out his sexual urges. You sometimes heard his gentle moans and groans from another room which made you shiver, wishing he could fulfil these urges with you. However, he said that an orgasm would hurt the baby. Although you didn't believe it you accepted what he said. Although it did mean it was torture to know he was pleasuring himself without you.

You managed to have tea with your sister however did not mention the pregnancy, although she guessed from how William and you acted. It was good to see her, liking the change of pace from just William and his codling. Your sister had also said that your father would give you another chance if he met William which he agreed to in a few days time. This would be the first time William had left in around two weeks, you grinned in your mind, excited to be left alone for once and have some time for yourself. You knew Beedle and the servants did not work Sundays which meant you had the house to yourself, full freedom.

Soon the day of the meeting arrived and William left you with a gentle kiss. "I suggest resting" William said, stroking your stomach gently. "I will be back by 3" with that he closed and locked the door. You grinned, the house to yourself. You decided to make yourself some tea and take a large slice of cake. Slowly you walked to the back door and took a hairpin from your hair, unlocking the door with it. Into the closed courtyard, you went and you sat on a bench, enjoying the little freedom you had, even when you were still locked away.

Taking up some cake you slowly ate it, watching the wind as it moved the tree which stood in the corner. What you would not give to climb that tree and go for a walk. You knew what would happen if you did however and restrained yourself, staying put on the bench and sipping the tea.

When both were finished you stayed for a little longer before closing and locking the door again. It was nice to do things without being commanded by William, the peace and quiet were wonderful and what you needed. Placing the now used crockery on the side you washed them up and placed them back in their places.

What to do now? Your mind thought back on hopping the tree but you again pushed that thought away. William was only gone for two hours, you would have no time to even walk a block before he was home and realised you were gone.

You decided to go into Turpin's study and have a little nosy, not much of a reason why. You looked through random court cases and picked up his diary, going through it slowly. There was nothing out of place, nothing suspicious at all. However you did read that next week he would have to go into work which made you grin, another day without him, another day of marginal freedom. Maybe you could sneak out, just for a few hours. Beadle would be with him and the servants would be out. You grinned, planning it in your mind as you placed the book down in the exact place you picked it up from. Freedom. You looked down at your stomach which was still quite flat. This was your only chance to go out into the city before you could not sneak out. You grinned, putting your plan together in your head. This would be perfect, what Judge William Turpin didn't know wouldn't hurt him.