Chapter 4

The panting was done and dried. You looked back and grinned. It was perfect. Your best work so far. You called the local boy who gave it two thumbs up and ran to send a message to the judge. You smiled and hoped he would like it. It had been almost three weeks of work and it paid off. You began to look for new clients when you heard a knock on the door. The judge stood there. 

"You where quick" you remarked

"I am intrigued to see the final product" he said 

"I do hope you like it" you said, walking up the stairs. "I can get the painting movers to move it tomorrow."

You stood to the side of the painting as the Judge stared at the painting, he seemed to look at it intently and went closer. "Worth the 100 pounds" he whispered and handed you the 80 he owed"

"Thank you very much sir" you said grinning. 

"I thought I said we could use infomalities." the judge said. 

"Oh of course William" you said smiling. 

He shot you a smile and looked back at the painting. "It is very good" he muttered, he put out a finger to feel the paint which had dried. "I am beyond satisfied" 

"I'm glad" you said grinning.

"Tell me" he said looking at you. "How may I thank you"

"Just the walk and the money is enough" you said.

"I am not sure 100 pounds cuts it" he said. "How about the opera and dinner?" he asked.

"I would love too" you said grinning. 

"Then tomorrow, 4 pm sharp. We will see Giulio Cesare by Handel and then dinner afterwards" he said. 

"That would be beyond perfect" you said smiling. 

"I am glad" he said and bowed his head. "Well my Lady I must depart. The painting will arrive at what time tomorrow?"

"11am"

"That is perfect" he said and went down the stairs. "It has been a pleasure" he said and let himself out. 

You watched him go. He seemed to like you more than he was letting on. You went upstairs and picked out an outfit which would be good for the opera and smiled. It was going to be fun and maybe a true friendship or maybe love could grow.