Chapter 25

You woke with Turpin gently tapping you. You woke and yawned, looking up at Turpin. "We are back" he said and got up, pulling you out into the house where he sat you down in the sitting room and watched you as you picked up the dinner which was put on the table.

"Do you think it can be a yearly thing?" you asked.

"Yes of course darling" he said. "I usually went every year but having a companion is wonderful."

You smiled and took a bite of food. "What about Joanna?" you asked suddenly.

"Joanna decided to stay with the sailor boy" he said. "She is 16 and can do what she wishes, anyway, I have you now"

You nodded and Turpin smirked, watching you with his dark eyes. "Write a letter to your sister and get the date of the wedding and invite them for tea" Turpin said.

"I will do" you said, a grin growing on your face. Turpin smiled, watching you carefully.

Soon dinner was over and William insisted that you both went to bed. You sat on it, watching him as he took his clothes off and pulled on his bedclothes before joining you in the warm bed. Immediately William pulled you toward him and rested his head on your chest, one hand snaked around to hold your hips and the other hand lay under him. You both slept soundly in each other's arms.

The next morning you found yourself in an empty bed. William had gone to work, leaving you alone again. You got dressed and went downstairs, bored and not sure what to do. You didn't feel motivated enough to carry on painting, seeing as now Joanna had gone.

You took tea and read a book slowly, the day was long and you wished to see your sister so you started writing to her, inviting her to tea. You wished you could go out and post the letter yourself, but you knew Turpin wouldn't allow it. Sadly you put it on the side and sat on the bed, staring at the wall. You wondered when William would get home. You enjoyed being alone yet it bored you, being so used now to Turpin being with you.

You decided to wander around the house, properly exploring it. You decided to steer clear of Turpin's office and looked around, finding the guest room, joanna's and another guest room you hadn't been in. There was of course your and Turpin's. You went downstairs and went down the servant's passage to find the kitchens and the small servants quarters. Only the maid stood, cleaning pans. She jumped when she saw you worry crossing her face.

"Is everything okay Ms?" she asked.

You nodded and put your hands on the cooking bench.

"What is the matter Ms?" she asked. "I can fix you up with some tea and cake, however we have no scones."

"I'm fine" you said. "What's your name?"

"Lizzie Ms" she said.

"I will let you get on then" you mumbled and went back toward your room and getting the painting out, you needed to do something to take your mind off things. You watched the street as you painted, it was so grey and dark, clouds rolling in. It was July yet the dark sky was present. It was nearly your birthday you thought. You did not think William knew your birthday and in some way, you wanted to keep it that way. It would just be another day. In fact it was a week away you thought, counting the days. You would be twenty-one, you remembered your birthday last year. It included you alone eating a small pie while you finished your painting. You had felt exceedingly alone, none of your family had written and your only company was the painting in front of you.

You sighed and pushed those thoughts out of your head and carried on painting the street, watching the free people walking along. Why couldn't you leave? Which law in the United Kingdom prevented you from walking out and leaving? You tried to push that thought away also, not wanting to face the consequences which you had faced the time before. Anyway, you thought, William looked after you, in his own way.

You saw a carriage pull up outside and William leave it. You hadn't noticed that it was late, time seemed to have flown when you were painting. You decided to stay put and carried on painting. You heard the door open and close downstairs, you heard feet walking around and they started to walk up the stairs. You sighed and kept looking out the window as the door opened to reveal William. He watched you from the doorway for a second before advancing and putting his hands on your shoulders, gently kissing behind your ear.

"Hello darling" he whispered, his fingers stroked your shoulders. William lifted his face from kissing behind your ear and looked at the painting. "Very nice" he said, "I am glad you have started again" he said.

"I thought it would be good to start again" you said.

"When will you be finished?" he asked.

"I am not sure" you said.

William nodded and his fingers went from your shoulders to your hair, passing his fingers through it. "Wonderful" he said absentmindedly, you were not sure if he was saying it about your hair or the painting.

"How was work?" you asked.

"Why do you ask?" he asked as he kept running his fingers through your hair.

"Just wondering" you said.

"Well I was mostly looking over a new case" he said. "Then tried the boy" You nodded as Turpin gently pulled your hair and let go of it, his fingers resting at his side. "Thank you for asking little one" he said, walking toward the door. "I was thinking of some tea" he said.

"Sure" you said, drying your paintbrush and putting it on the side. Turpin put his hand out, ushering you toward the door and put his hand on the small of your back, guiding you downstairs and toward the sitting room.

You thought about what you were thinking last night. You were wrong, he loved you so much. You sighed and looked up at him.

"There is something on your mind, little one" he stated.

"My birthday is soon" you admitted.

"Is it now" William said.

"A week today" you said.

"We must celebrate" he said, stopping. You stopped also and he stroked your cheek with a finger. "You are twenty-one, correct?"

"Yes" you said, as William's fingers caressed your skin

"I must get you a present" he murmured, "To congratulate you on your day" he smirked. "Would you like that?"

You nodded and he chuckled, striding toward the sitting room and sitting on one of the sofas. He called the maid and she went to get tea. You sat down opposite to him and William raised his eyebrows, patting the seat next to him. You got up and sat next to him.

"Maybe I could give you something more for your birthday" he whispered, putting his fingers on your thigh, close to your clit. He gently stroked your thigh before withdrawing his hand and putting in onto his lap. You went red and looked at Turpin, he seemed to be smirking, you could tell he was thinking about it. You looked down as the tea was placed in front of you two. He poured two cups and you took one, drinking it slowly. You picked up some cake and ate it slowly. It was the first thing you had eaten today, it felt strange.

"The letter is on the side for Anne" you said.

"Good girl for writing it" William said gently, eating some cake. "and I am glad you didn't go out to try and post it"You shook your head and William looked at you happily. "I love you dearest" William whispered. "You know that"

"I do" you mumbled.

"Good" William said gently, stroking your hand. "Very good" You smiled feebly and William smirked slightly. "Are you tired?" he suddenly asked.

"Slightly" you answered.

"Then a lie down for you is in order" he said. You looked at your half-empty tea and frowned slightly, but followed him up. William tucked you into bed and kissed your head gently. "Sleep for now" he said and walked out.

You wondered where he was going, getting up and watching him get back into a carriage, heading into town. You shrugged and got back into bed, nuzzling into the covers and soon falling asleep.