Chapter 24

You woke with the sun in your eyes. You moved a little into darkness and sighed. You felt two fingers gently tap your sides, you nuzzled further into Turpin.

"Wake up dear" he murmured.

"five more minutes?" you asked hazily.

Turpin kissed your head and smiled. "No dear" he murmured. "I am taking you to the racing today"

"What kind?" you ask.

"Horses"

You yawned and sighed. Turpin shook his head and got up from the bed, taking the blanket off your body to reveal your naked form. "William" you moaned. Turpin smirked and ran his fingernails across your body and kissed your cheek. "Come on dear" he muttered. He got up and got dressed into a smarter outfit than he usually wore. You slowly got out of bed and stood up, going toward your dresses. 

You got dressed and did your hair while Turpin disappeared from the room. You left the room and went downstairs to see Turpin flicking through a book.  He looked up and smirked at you, placing the book back into the bookcase he took your arm and pulled you to the carriage "Have you ever been to the horse racing?" he asked.

"I haven't" you said with a smile.

"I am sure you will enjoy it" he said with a smirk. "It is the Epsom Derby so you may see royalty" he took your hand in his and kissed it.  

"I am guessing you have been to the Derby many times" you said, leaning into him.

"I have" he said with a smile. "However I have never gone with a woman is beautiful as you. You will be the envy of both sexes"

"Will I?" you asked.

"Oh yes" he murmured. "That's why I need to keep you close to me" A possessive glint formed in his eye and he put his arm around you, pulling you closer into his side. 

You leaned on his until the carriage stopped and Turpin took your arm and took you out. The road was very busy, filled with tons of people. Turpin pulled you closer to him and his height allowed him to successfully navigate to the entrance. He slipped some money through and took you into the course. You grinned, there where horses and people milling around, it reminded you when you had your horse and used to ride it every day.

He pulled you into a little building adjacent to the track. There were tons of people who in rich outfits milling around holding glasses of wine. Turpin kept you close as you settled next to the bar area. Looking around you saw no one you recognised and Turpin was right, women gave you looks of jealousy as you stood with Turpin, your dress and smile drawing eyes. You looked at these people, not really taking them in until you saw your sister, Anne whos arm was around a taller man with dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. You grinned and waved at her, Anne grinned also.  Anne was the only one of your sisters who actually liked you and missed you when you ran away. Anne pulled the man on her arm toward you and Turpin raised his eyebrows and frowned as the two came closer to you and him.

"Anne!" you said grinning. 

"(y/n) it is so good to see you!" Anne exclaimed, giving you a hug. 

"It is, how are you? you asked, "and who is this?" 

"I have been amazing (y/n)" she said. "And this is my fiancée, Charles"

You smiled up at Charles who smiled down at you and then looked at Turpin. He held a facial expression of interest as he watched you with Anne.

"So how have you been?" Anne asked.

"I have been good" you said smiling. Turpin put his hand on your shoulder and you looked up at him. "Yeah, Turpin and I have been wonderful."