Chapter 32

William returned with his gift in his hand. He had bought a pregnancy corset and afternoon tea from a new cafe which he had been told was marvellously good. William wanted to share it with you, to thank you for how patient and loving you had been with him. William knew how much stress you were under with his child and the pregnancy corset would make sure the baby was safe but you also were supported and comfortable. William tiptoed up to the room and opened it, smirking slightly to see your reaction to the things he had bought. He was surprised to see none and so went back downstairs to the sitting room. Again none. William started to panic, placing the things down and rushing from room to room. You were gone. William unlocked the courtyard door and opened the door going out into the alleyway. Something caught his eye. It was your hairpin. William growled, taking up in his hand and rushing back into the telephone, calling the police.

(In my Alan Rickman one-shot sfw book I will write what would happen if you had not been kidnapped and William gives them to you)

You woke in a dark room, your hands tied to the back of a chair. You blinked, confused and your head spinning. "Hello?" you asked.

"You are awake" a man said, coming toward you. "(y/n) Turpin"

"No, I am not she" you stuttered.

"Do not lie to me" he said, sitting. "I know who you are, and I know who your husband is. Now I am keeping you here until my demands are met"

"What demands?" you asked.

"I want my cousin out of jail" he said. "If not you may meet with a little accident"

"I have nothing to do with that" you stuttered.

"but you husband does. It is regrettable I had to kidnap a woman such as yourself to get what I want, don't worry, you are safe for now"

"For now?" you asked, terrified.

"I want to get what I want, '' the man said, he went over to a small drawer and took out a pair of scissors. You looked at it, terrified as he advanced and snipped a large lock of hair from your head. "This will give him a message for the time being" he tucked the hair into an envelope and left the room.

You tried to undo your hands however they would not budge.

"Damn" you said allowed. You huffed. "I should have never left the house." However thinking about it, they would have broken in to kidnap you, better outside than not destroying William's property. You pulled at the ties again however it was no use and you sighed, sitting back. You wondered if William had noticed you were gone.

"Find her" William said to the police chief.

"to the best of our ability we will" the chief said, pushing up his glasses.

"Your best of ability is not enough" William hissed. "I want her back."

"Maybe she just decided to." the man trailed off.

"Decided to what? Leave? Not when she is pregnant and there were obvious signs of a scuffle. My (y/n) understands she should not leave me"

"We will send a search party" the chief said.

"Good" William hissed and left the room. "Beadle I want you to send out your correspondances to look for her" he commanded.

"Of course sir" Beadle replied.

"Use money if persuasion does not work. I want to know where she is" William snarled.

William was angry, yes you had broken his rule by leaving however it was very obvious you had been taken from him and his anger was on your kidnappers, taking you from him. He knew that they would have broken into the house if you had not been outside, they would have broken in.

William went home and mostly passed unable to keep in his worry for you. What if you were dead? What if the baby were dead? He calmed himself slightly but still passed. He heard the post and quickly he knelt to see. A letter without an address. He quickly opened it and onto his lap felt a small letter and a lock of your beautiful hair. William gasped, quickly reading the letter and growling. It demanded that Sweeny Todd would be released. He frowned, his verdict would be heard tomorrow. He would send that reached man back to Australia but now he couldn't, not if he never wanted to see you alive again. The letter said to proclaim him not guilty and free of charge and then you would be put safely on his doorstep.

William hated to be out of control and hated not being with you. If you were not found by tomorrow he would have to see Todd as not guilty. He hated this thought but hated the thought of losing you more.

He heard the door open and Beadle came in, surprised to see his master sitting on the floor. "Sir?" Beadle asked.

"What?" Have you found her?" he asked, standing.

"I got a tip-off that she is being held by the cousin of Sweeny Todd." Beadle said.

"And he is where?" William asked.

"I am not sure" Beadle admitted

"Damn it Beadle" William shouted, holding your lock of hair in his fist angrily.

"I am sorry sir I will go out again" Beadle said, quickly leaving.

William returned to the floor, holding your lock of hair to him and sighing. This was not what he wanted at all. He looked over at the food he had bought on the table and frowned. He had lost his appetite, his stomach turbulent in worry.