Chapter 33

You woke still in the room. There was a candle which had been lit so you could see the room better. It seemed to be a bedroom. The curtains were closed shut through you could see daylight through a gap. You pulled at the binds they were held tight still and you frowned. Your stomach growled slightly and you sighed. You were worried for the baby, frowning slightly. You tried once again and managed to slightly get your hand loose. Tyring further you got your hand out and you sighed, pulling your other hand out and getting up, quickly going to the window and looking out. You knew where you were. Near where you used to live, you could see the old church which was at the end of the street of your old house. You grinned but hearing a step on the stairs you got back to the chair and slipped your hands back into the loose rope.

"You are awake" the man stated, walking in. "Good, today is the day when Sweeny gets out of jail. Well, for your sake."

"Could I eat something?" you asked.

"No" he stated. "Now sit here until the trial is over and I might be able to let you go"

"Okay" you muttered.

The man left and you got up, looking around for anything that could help but before you could react he opened the door again and grabbed you, pushing you back on the seat. "Please stop!" you shouted, trying to fight him off but he managed to tie your hands back to the seat again.

"Don't try to escape again" he commanded and left. You sighed, back at stage one again.

William was preparing himself to face the court. He didn't want to say Todd was not guilty but he had to. Beadle had not found anything more about where you were.

"Does the judge find Mr Sweeny Todd guilty or not guilty?" the defendant asked.

William swallowed. "I find Mr Todd not guilty"

There was a gasp and Sweeny grinned while William frowned largely.

"Court dismissed" William said and left the room, going to his office and placing his head in his hands. It felt awful and he could not bear it but at least you were safe. William got out of his robes and was joined soon by Beadle.

"Do you think she will be back?" Beadle asked.

"If she is not I will burn hellfire down on this city" William muttered, pushing his hair back.

Beadle nodded as William left the courthouse. People tried to talk to him, ask him why he found Sweeny not guilty, however William ignored them all, leaving the court and heading home.

He reached the house and slowly unlocked the door and closed it. The house was deathly silent. William sat on the stairs, waiting for you to come home. There was suddenly a ring as the phone started to go off. William raised his eyebrows and picked it up

"Yes?" he asked.

"Mr Judge sir, your wife is at the station" the man said on the phone. "She stumbled in not just two minutes ago. I will send her in a carriage"

"How is she?" William asked, worry filling him.

"She is fine physically, but she only speaks of you, longing for your forgiveness"

"Then she shall have it" William said, a smile forming on his lips. "She will be sent here soon you say?"

"Yes" the officer said, "The carriage has just gone"

"Thank you" William said, placing the phone down and resting his back against the wall, happiness flooding over him.

Not three minutes later there was a knock on the door and William opened it to see you, standing in the doorway, an officer behind you.

"Precious (y/n)" he murmured, pulling you to him into a massive hug and pulling you into the house, closing the door in the policeman's face.

"William" you murmured. "I am so sorry" you started to cry.

"Shh it's not your fault" William cooed, holding you close and not letting go.

"If I hadn't gone out" you stuttered.

"No darling" he murmured. "It's fine. You are forgiven precious, I am just so glad you are safe with me"

you carried on crying into his chest as he carried you up to bed and laid you down. He looked sadly at your tear streamed face. "What happened?" he asked gently.

"I was taken when I went out for a walk, I tried to escape but I was put back. Then just ten minutes ago I was shoved in a carriage home" you said, still sobbing slightly.

"You are safe now" William cooed "Safe with me. Just promise to never leave again without me, you see how dangerous it is"

You nodded, fresh tears falling. "I am sorry" you moaned, nuzzling into his chest.

"Don't be, I have you" he murmured. "You are safe, and our child is safe"

"Yes" you said, as William whipped your tears away and kissed your cheeks. "You must be starving," he said.

"Yes" you mumbled

William called for the maid and ordered for some food to be quickly made. Soup was brought up and William slowly fed you it until it was all gone.

"Did that fill a hole love?" he asked, placing his hand on your stomach.

"It did" you said.

"Then you should sleep" he said, pulling his things off so he could get in with you. When he got into his sleeping clothes he slowly pulled your layers off and pulled your nightgown on, kissing the back of your neck as he did so. "I am so glad my little girl is home" William mused, hugging you from behind. "Home with her daddy"

"I am glad I am home" you murmured. turning around in his embrace so you could hug him closer.

"Now you should sleep" William mused, letting go and pushing you back toward the bed. You snuggled under the covers and William joined you, pulling you into him so he spooned you. You smiled and relaxed into William as you both feel asleep, both of you glad to have the other.