Chapter 10

Turpin walked back into the room to see you tucked up in bed. You were hugging a cushion. He smiled, loving how beautiful you looked. He kissed your head and stroked your cheek gently. "Wakey Wakey little one" he murmured. "It's time for afternoon tea" you yawned and turned to the kneeling judge. He smiled and kissed you gently.  "you must get up darling so we can enjoy it together" you got up from the warm bed and rubbed your eyes. "I have arranged everything" he said, leaning on the door to the bathroom as you got changed. He watched you, his eyes enjoying your body. 

"Arranged everything?" you asked, getting changed. You felt his eyes on all parts of you, burning into you. 

"For the marriage" he said. "In a weeks time"

"That is quite close" you said.

"Well I am excited to make you mine" he said. "Well in the eyes of the law" He ticked your chin and kissed your neck. "Now come downstairs, my dear. I am taking you out for afternoon tea"

You got worried. "What if the men are out there?" you asked.

"I highly doubt it. They would have taken things they wanted and wouldn't want to be noticed. Petty criminals are like that" you nodded and smiled. You held Turpin's arm has he led you out the house and down the street. He pulled you close to him like you where to be grabbed at any second by a passer-by.

He led you down a street and into a small cafe. You both sat and ordered afternoon teas. After around 5 mins it was placed in front of you. You ate the sweet and savoury things on them, enjoying this time with Turpin. He seemed to enjoy your presence also as you both talked. Turpin had first fallen in love you for your body. But now he started to fall in love with your personality and kindness. He must protect you. You were too pure for this world and could be used by anyone. He, however, was worried, you didn't seem like you properly wanted to be his, your answer was feeble and you worried for the wedding. He needed you to rely only on him, for you to be only his. He needed something to happen like the break-in.

"What are you thinking of?" you asked.

"About how beautiful you are" he said, taking another bite of his food.  You go red and giggle as Turpin sighed. You wouldn't last in the dangers of this world and that is why he had to protect you. He smiled but inside his mind was turning.

When you were both finished Turpin guided you out and in the shop windows saught for a ring good enough for you. He wished for something beautiful and to match your own which he managed to find. It was expensive but he still got it and you slid it on your finger, marvelling it. "Thank you Wiliam" you said smiling.

"You are welcome my dear" he frowned, eyeing some of the shifty looking people around you and him. "Now come on, it is time to head home". Turpin led you back and let you sit and smile. He watched you from his chair, eyeing your smiles and happiness. He opened his mouth and sighed. "I want to keep you safe" he started. "And I may do that through making sure that you do not open the door to anyone and you stay in his house unless I am looking after you."

"That seems reasonable" you murmured. 

"The world is wicked" Turpin said looking out of the window. "I am your one defender, as I am to Joanna.  To Joanna, I am her guardian but to you, I am your knight in shining armour" He got from the seat and slid next to you. "Will you do as I say to keep you safe?" he asked.

"Y-Yes" you stuttered.

"Then that my dear is all I want" you grinned and he smirked slightly. You were his and he was so excited to finally in the eyes of the law.