« 9 »

~☽︎~

~☽︎~

Weeks had passed and it was now mid-november.

Jisung had successfully passed half of his pregnancy although he didn't look like 21 weeks pregnant at all.

He had just a tiny bump,
he looked like Seungmin when the brunette was 16 weeks pregnant.

Yes, his baby was still tiny.

Hyunjin had often joked that their baby should give some weight to Jisung's because their baby was bigger than average babies.

But Jisung could only force a smile about that.

He was more than worried just like his doctor, the possibility of a miscarriage was still very high.

But something that made the young boy just as anxious is that Minho would probably notice it soon too.

Indeed, one morning when Jisung was making pancakes and Minho sat on their couch, patiently waiting and scanning the younger's body up and down.

It's been weeks since he last saw his boyfriend in one of his pretty crop-tops, Jisung mostly wore his sweaters or hoodies.

But this morning was different.

The small boy was wearing his big sleeping shirt but as Minho watched him from the side,
he noticed how the shirt fell differently than weeks before.

"Jisung?"

Looking up from the now finished pancakes, he turned to his tall boyfriend.

"Yes?"

"You look fat."

"W-what?"

"You heard me right.
Maybe you should stop eating so many sweets."

Getting up from his seat,
Minho walked up to Jisung and wrapped his arms around the smaller's waist.

"I want your slim waist back,
not that chubby tummy here"

he whispered against the tiny boy's neck moving his hand to caress Jisung's belly.

The latter gasped slightly and tried to squirm away from Minho's hold but it was too late.

Minho's eyes widened in surprise because instead of the soft chubby flesh he had expected,
his hand came in contact with
a hard bump.

"Jisung, what the hell?!"

"I uhm."

The younger stepped away from Minho and held his arms securely in front of his belly.

Looking up at the older,
he let the first tears slip out of his glossy eyes.

Minho's face changed from
confusion to shock,
the color drained completely
from his face.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?"

Jisung just nodded slightly.

"It's mine, isn't it?"

Again, Jisung nodded.

"And uhm..
How far along are you?"

"21 weeks."

A heavy silence filled the room.

While Jisung shifted uncomfortably from one foot to his other,
Minho looked like his body was doing a system update.

He eventually coughed slightly and scratched his neck awkwardly.

"You can't abort it anymore, right?"

Jisung gasped,
his hands automatically going to
his little bump.

"What are you saying?!
Even if I could, I would never.
He's my baby."

In every other situation,
Jisung would have been impressed by himself that he didn't stutter but now it wasn't time to think about that.

He was shocked Minho could even think of something like that.

"He?"

"Yeah. It's a boy."

The older closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose while he exhaled loudly.

"Whatever.
I don't want it so you can take care
of it yourself."

"I- I don't want you to
interfere anyway.
It's your loss.
A-and I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore."

But Minho hadn't even heard Jisung out, he had already disappeared in his room, throwing the door shut.

Still, Jisung's words reached the older's ears clearly and it somehow made his heart hurt.

Even though he always tried to keep telling himself that he doesn't feel anything for the younger,
that he just loved Jisung's body,
his heart told him otherwise.

There was just something about the boy with these adorable chubby cheeks that made Minho's heart jump whenever the smaller looked at him with big sparkling eyes that held so much love and innocence.

Meanwhile Jisung was still standing in the middle of the kitchen completely shocked what had just happened.

It wasn't like he could have hidden his baby forever but he wasn't actually prepared to have that emotional discussion with Minho this exact beautiful Saturday morning.

Not when he had just prepared some delicious smelling pancakes.

The growling of his stomach and a small kick from his little one brought him back to reality and he chuckled softly as he ran his hand over his belly.

"I know bubby, you're hungry.
Me too."

~☽︎~

Always remember, people have reasons for their behavior.
Minho too.