« 16 »

~☽︎~

~☽︎~

When Jisung's mom arrived in the hospital, she didn't see anyone in the waiting area.

No trace of a 'Lee Minho',
although she didn't even know how the boy looked like.

Jisung had once told her that the boy was much taller than him but that's practically it.

"Excuse me?"

She asked as she passed a young nurse.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"I- I'm looking for my son,
Han Jisung."

"Oh Mr. Han.
I'll bring you to him,
please follow me."

They walked for about five minutes until the nurse stopped in front of a dark blue door.

"I need to tell you something though. Mr. Han is in a critical condition,
he had a placental abruption and we had to get the baby out.

He lost a lot of blood because of a strong internal bleeding and is currently in a medically induced coma."

"When will he wake up?
And what about his baby,
the little one is fine right? Oh god-"

"Mrs Han, please calm down.
Your son will wake up when his body has recovered from the critical surgery.

And the baby is okay, it's in the NICU. It's a premature baby after all."

After taking a few deep breaths,
Mrs Han opened the door to the room to be greeted with a heart wrenching sight.

Jisung was laying in the bed with closed eyes, chubby cheeks pale and an oxygen tube connected to his nose.

Beside him was a boy sitting in a plastic chair, his hands holding onto Jisung's tiny one tightly.

He was staring emotionless at the younger boy, his face practically screaming exhaustion.

There were dark eye bags under his red swollen eyes and his hair was a mess.

"Hey. Are you Lee Minho?"

Only then Minho snapped out of his stare and noticed the short woman with familiar chubby cheeks standing near the door.

The boy just nodded softly,
too exhausted to even talk.

Mrs Han got the message and got herself a plastic chair as well to sit beside her son.