« 14 »

~☽︎~

~☽︎~

About ten minutes after Hyunjin and Seungmin had arrived,
a young doctor came towards them with a clipboard in her hands.

"Mr Lee Minho?"

"That's me"

the said one raised his hand.

"So I'd like to explain to you what happened to Mr Han,
can these two listen as well?"

She pointed at Hyunjin and Seungmin.
Minho just nodded.

"The pain that Mr Han had experienced came from a placental abruption.

The placenta is normally fully attached to the wall of the uterus but in the case of a placental abruption, the placenta partly or completely separates from the inner wall.

That decreases or blocks the baby's supply of nutrients and oxygen and causes an inner bleeding.

In Mr Han's case the placenta was just partly separated but especially since he already had a risky pregnancy,
this was even more life threatening for both him and especially the baby.

We had to get the baby earlier and he's now in the NICU,
if you had waited another hour before bringing Mr Han to the hospital, it would have been a stillbirth.

He's in a critical condition but you can see him if you want.
I think it would be good if he feels that his father is near him.

Parental love has a great impact on the recovery and growth of premature babies."

"I- yeah."

Minho stood up with teary eyes but almost fell over again.

His legs were shaking so much that the doctor had to help him stand up.

"You can't bring the plushie into the NICU, do you want to leave it here with your friends?"

Nodding softly,
the blue haired male gave the pig plushie to Hyunjin with a heavy heart and followed the doctor.

"Do you think Jisung will be okay?
She didn't say anything about him"

Seungmin mumbled softly as he looked at his boyfriend with sad eyes.

His heart hurt hearing about the baby's tragic story,
he honestly didn't know what he would do if something like this would happen to him and his baby.

And he was scared for his friend, Jisung's baby needed both parents.

"Minnie did you hear?
She said he.

It's a boy.
Jisung has a son."

~☽︎~

Minho had to change into sterile clothes and wore a mask before entering the NICU.

His heart was beating fastly in his chest as he followed the doctor, passing many different rooms until they stopped in front of a grey door.

Opening the door,
Minho noticed about five small incubators, two of them were empty.

The doctor walked to the one in the back of the room which was half covered with a light blue blanket.

When they finally reached the small incubator, Minho noticed the tiny red baby covered with a soft cloth.

He had a small baby hat covering his little head and many different wires attached to his small arm and nose.

It was pretty much more wire than baby to Minho and the new father's heart bled seeing his son so weak,
so fragile.

"He'll need some additional oxygen for a while because his lungs aren't fully developed yet so that he could breathe alone.

Also he had suffered from an oxygen deficiency because of the placental abruption.

That could have caused an undersupply in the brain which means there's a possibility that his brain got damaged.

But that's not sure yet,
you'll find out once he gets older."

Minho only nodded silently with every word, his heart sinking.

Was it his fault that his son might be disabled?

"What about Jisung- I mean Mr Han? Where is he?
How is he?
You didn't say anything about him."

The doctor just gave Minho a sad look and took a deep breath.

"I'm really sorry.

He lost a lot of blood,
the internal bleeding was too bad.

We did everything we could but even the conserved blood could barely compensate for the great loss of blood."

~☽︎~

😔

Everyone was scared for bubby but no one was scared for Jisung..

If you haven't read it already, there are people planning to sabotage Chan's live so please be prepared to report many comments!

My holidays are almost over so I might not update as much as last week anymore..