Chapter 106

"I know I already said this before but let's do it."

He sincerely said looking straight into my eyes.

Right now..

I can't think of any words to say.

We were exchanging stares but both of us were unreadable.

I don't know what I look like right now.

What kind of face I'm making right now.

Though this is not the first time Maxwell-sama refused to cancel the engagement but everytime I hear it directly from his mouth with that unfamiliar tone of his voice, I'm always lost for words.

"This.. "

"If you're thinking that I'm doing this for my mother's sake,  just.. just so be it.  But.. I am sure,  I don't wish to cancel our engagement"

My heart was pounding like crazy.

I can't hear anything at all.

As if all of my senses are currently blocked.

It feels stuffy.

It's hard to breath.

I liked him but that was before.

That was just a puppy love.

It wasn't some kind of like to the point I wanted to marry him

My heart feels heavy.

Subconsciously,  I lifted my lips and starts laughing.

It was a bitter laugh.

Does he think of me as someone he can use for his mother's happiness?

"ha ha..  You..  You're such an idiot,  Maxwell-sama"

"You're such an idiot Maxwell-sama"

I repeated and paused.

"You're a coward,  and on top of that you're so selfish"

He looked hurt but smiled bitterly.
.

"I know"

"You know?  Is that all?  Ha ha.  What a fool of me to think you're sensible enough to know my feelings Maxwell-sama.  Do you even have an idea how much did I endure just to consider your feelings?  I didn't made any decisions that will affect you,  but here you are!  Making all the decisions all by yourself without even asking for my opinion first! "

I took a deep breath to gain courage.

I know this is shallow of me but what can I do?

I feel so frustrated right now!

After all those considerations just for him were all in vain!

I palmed my face harshly trying throw my frustrations away.

But I can still feel my heart getting heavier.

"You don't wish for the engagement to be cancelled huh?  Then what about me? Did you asked me if I was okay with it? "

"I.."

I raised my index finger to stop him

"You know that arrangements between families especially related to marriage is something that us,  nobles,  cannot take lightly.  You know that very well Maxwell-sama.  So don't you ever try give me the crap saying we can cancel it later if we don't think it will work because that is impossible to happen."

It is true.

In this country, which I mentioned earlier that is still located on earth but that earth is like in a parallel universe,  marriage agreements between families is considered sacred and cannot be easily annulled. 

That is the main reason why almost none of the noble families made arrangements with other families regarding the marriage of their children at the very young age since it would be 95% impossible to be break.

I repeat, it is considered sacred.

And if an engagement is broken, the very first person to suffer is the Woman.

They will consider you thrown away goods.

Harsh?

Yes.

Usually,  families would talk and agree about engagement after their children graduated from middle school.

And of both Maxwell-sama's and my family made an agreement,  the engagement of me and Maxwell-sama will surely happen after we graduate in middle school.

And I can't allow that to happen.

What is the use wanting to live freely if I will still follow the costums these families held?

"I'm sorry Betti-chi but you'll never understand even if I'll tell you the reason"

He said looking deeply into my eyes.

"Then make me understand Maxwell! No matter how long will it take for me to understand, make me.  This matter does not concern only you,  I'm envolved as well"

I took a deep breath as I look at him tiredly.

"Please.. Make me"

"I.. "

"You what? "

"I don want to cancel the engagement with you beacuse.. "

"Because what?  Come on Maxwell-sama!  I'm actually starting to hate you here you know?!"

He went stiffed and his expression darken the moment he heard those words.

"I.. I understand Betti-chi but.. I can't tell you why. I just can't.. I don't want to. "

"Fine!  You don't want to?  Then don't. But don't you let me know the reason or else you'll regret this Maxwell-sama"

I took a deep breath and bitterly laughed.

"Then,  at least. Can you tell me this?  What about Alice-sama?  Just what is she to you? "

"She.. She is someone important. But,  I can't tell you. "

-_-#

Fine!

You can't tell me!

Then don't!

I hope you go bald!

"Haaaaa.  Fine..  I surrender Maxwell-sama.  I surrender. "

"I'm really sorry Betti-chi,  but I really don't want to reject our engagement"

**********

"What engagement?"

Maxwell-sama and I paused as soon as we heard those words coming from the mouth of someone.

***********
Author's Note:

I'm back?

Giovanni Lomiere's POV.

Coming up next!!

HEHE SORRY FOR THIS CLIFFHANGER HEHE.

~Author (・´з'・)