Chapter 53

"Betti-chan?  Are you alright?"

The moment I stepped out of the car,  Okaasama who looked very worried and had been waiting for me to arrive at the main entrance of the mansion asked me.  I slightly smiled and nodded my head.

"Yes Okaasama.  I'm sorry for making you worried. "

"My~ you look worn out dear,  are you tired? Hungry?"

Somehow,  whith Okaasama's genuine concern, my heart was shaken that something warm on my eyes starts to swell and so I pursed my lips as I shook my head lightly.

"I'm a little tired,  Okaasama.  Can I excuse myself?"

"Oh my~ I thought so.  Go on and have enough rest,  I'm going to cook  your favorite food so you can eat it later ne?"

This might be what you called 'motherly instinct' that Okaasama's concerns and worries was strong.  And this was all thanks to my better relationship with Okaasama and Otousama that I worked so hard to get. 

Ahhh it's good.

Seeing the fruit of your hardwork was all worth it.

After all,  a good relationship with your family is the best.

After that,  I went straight to my room and after changing my clothes, I laid myself on the cozy queen sized bed.  It felt so warm.

Without me knowing it,  my eyes felt heavy and the next thing I know,  everything went dark.

*****

Good thing that the activity was held on Thursday and ended on friday so that we could rest to our hearts content for two days which is the saturday and sunday.

Without asking for it,  Okaasama who seem to have noticed my unusual gloominess cancelled all my saturday lessons and Otousama on the other hand surprisingly brought a lot of sweets which I have no idea where he got.

"I heard from my people that sweets are good. It can ease one's mind and troubles"

Otousama said after giving me the sweets, I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you very much,  Otousama"

I opened the box of sweets and what was stored inside were all chocolates with letters on the top of each. 

'DO YOUR BEST!  BETTI-CHAN! '

Without realizing it.

For some reason.

I felt a strange sensation came all the way from my heart up to my throat that it was hard to breath and say any words.  My hands trembled as I hold the box.

And then, a liquid from I don't know when, dropped. One by one,  slowly but heavy,  it started to fall. 

"It's alright to cry,  Betti-chan."

I heard Otousama said.

"Betti-chan?  Do you know why girls are stronger than boys? "

Okaasama who suddenly sat beside me asked.  I looked up to her with hazy vision due to the tears stucked on my eyes.

"It's because, whenever girls are emotionally disturbed crying it out is the best way we can do,  however after crying everything out,  it will make us stronger and become more resolve while the boys cannot cry as much as we can so they tend to hold their feelings down without letting it out"

"Truly? "

I asked with a trembling voice.  Okaasama smiled amd brushed my hair gently.

"Truly. "