Chapter 85

"Ara~ Bettina-chan sure is lovely. Look,  don't they look perfect together?"

Mrs Maxwell commented.

As of the moment,  the family dinner is now happening. Together with Mr and Mrs Maxwell,  Okaasama,  Otousama and Brent-chan was also present.

And as for the arrangement,  Maxwell-sama and I was sitting side by side.

I was silently eating my food not wanting to speak at all.

As for Maxwell-sama,  he kept smiling and would occasionally join the talk.

I feel really complicated right at this moment.

I know that I once liked Maxwell-sama and that will never changed.

However,  I don't feel good at all.

Getting engaged with someone you like should be a good thing right?  But,  I don't feel so comfortable at all.

I secretly look at Maxwell-sama who seems to be a different person.

Like,  come on. We just haven't seen each other for like months and then suddenly changed this fast?

I dont know what's actually going on with him but somehow,  someday, I'll find it out.

"Bettina-chan?  Are you feeling unwell? "

I snapped when Mrs.  Maxwell called for me.  I forced a smile and shook my head.

"Many thanks for the concern,  Mrs Maxwell. I am feeling alright"

"Truly? " She asked

"Yes" I answered nodding my head.

And so, the talk went on.  It was all about business that my head's hurting with everything they talked about. I know a thing or two but I can't follow all those complex words they're using.

Speaking of which,  I always knew that in this kind of world that I am in,  it is not impossible to be in this kind of situation. 

"Anyway,  I heard that Bettina-chan is quite close with House Lomiere's Young Master. Is that,  by any chance,  true? "

Suddenly,  Mr Maxwell spoke up and asked about it.

Okaasama smiled and threw me a quick glance.

"Both are from Haute Monde, such case is only natural for them. "

Okaasama conservatively answered. Mr Maxwell smiled and nodded his head.

"Indeed it is. If only our Jacob agreed to join Haute Monde,  perhaps,  he could be more close with Bettina-chan"

Mrs Maxwell commented.  Okaasama chuckled and gently touched Mrs Maxwell's hand.

"Well~ it is indeed true. However,  look. They're close as it is and it seems like,  destiny has brought them together even without Haute Monde"

Okaasama added. 

I don't know what kind of face I'm making right now but I can feel my smile is getting stiff as the time goes by.

Can you not talk about such embarassing things?!

I may have read a lot of novels with cheesy lines but I haven't tried being the center of it.

Damn it.

"It seems like,  we'll be having no problem"

Mrs. Maxwell said. On the other hand,  Mr. Maxwell and Otousama would keep their silence and would let the two women talk about me and Maxwell-sama.