Chapter 4

And so,  Mother hired for another tutor who would teach me advance lessons.

Miss Aira, on ther hand, still teaches me in case I might forget the basics.

My day usually starts with me getting out of bed,  going to school.

Taking my class seriously, which I believe the must.

This might be the result of my past life's experience that I now appreciate the essence of studying more than anything else.

And after that,  a little stay over at the Haute Monde salon to drink teas and eating snacks.  Which I considered the blissful yet dangerous time of my day.

Blissful because I get to eat high class pastries which I didn't get to taste in my last life and slowly appreciating the taste of a tea.

Dangerous because that was the very place the Two Wonders would come and go.

Fortunately, we don't often meet there for we had set different schedules for visiting.

And after staying at the salon for an hour or so,  getting picked by my chauffeur.

Taking  my lessons at home such as Piano lesson for Monday,  Dance for Tuesday,  Singing for Wednesday, Etiquette for Thursday,  Primary School lessons for Friday and Advance lesson for the whole duration of saturday.

My week would rotate on that and all I could say is.

Aahhh it's sure hard to be a Noble Lady huh?

This was actually my childhood dream but now I'm having second thoughts about it.

Really,  be careful on what you wish for.

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

"I'm telling you Bettina,  you must not push yourself too hard"

Said Father whom I barely see in this house.

"Dear,  Betti,  is after all, a Reinhart. Such things are needed"

Answered Mother.

"Bettina is a girl,  and such things won't be of any use once she get married.  There's no need for her to study really hard"

"Darling,  will you like it if Betti will be look down upon because she's lacking?  These are a little preperation for her future~"

We are now eating and I've been silent all along.

What are you guys talking about?

Marry?

Uhhh so that's how it is no?

A daughter is nothing but a material for expanding a power.

And what little?!

You call this preparation,  little?!

Damnit!

Now I can't even imagine if Mother would declare I had to take serious preparations for my future.

"Father, Mother is right.  Such things are natural. I'm a Reinhart after all and about the Advance Lesson,  it was my decision"

I explained just to make then stop this kind of conversation.

Because a little more of this,  I will really explode.

"Very well then. In case there's something you're not comfortable with,  don't hesitate to say it"

Father said in a commanding tone.

Father looks like a tyrant boss with cold air surrounding him. His strict expressions would make people submit and tremble. 

I think I know where Bettina got her villainous facial features, for real.

***

"Sorry! I'm Sorry!  I'm sorry"

The kid who bumped me kept on bowing his head asking for forgiveness.

"What sorry?  What do you think your sorry can do?! "

"Did you not saw Lady Bettina walking in front of you?! "

"You lowly person! "

"I was holding loads of books that I wasn't able to see My Lady"

"Haaaa?!  Are you saying it's Lady Bettina's fault?! "

The three girls kept on nagging the poor kid who bumped into me just now.

Ugh,  seriously.

This kids will be the cause of me having white hairs at an early age.

I sighed and tapped Lizzy's shoulder.

"It's alrgiht.  It was not intentional."

I said.

"But Lady Bettina.. "

I paid my girls no mind and turned to look at the boy.

"Well?  May I know your name? "

I asked smiling but the smile of mine was too scary that it very sarcastic.

Oh gosh,  I hate this face!

Why didn't I get a cute angelic face instead of this overly strict doll huh?

Ahhhhh!!!

"I'm s-sorry!!! I am... "

"Your name,  please? "

I retracted my smile and sincerely asked him again.

"J-Jacob.. Jacob Maxwell"

"Sir Maxwell it is?  Well,  my apologies for what happened just now.  It was careless of me"

"....!?"

"....."

I bowed my head to show my sincerity and the girls pulled me as fast as they can.

"Lady Bettina?!  What is that for?! "

"My Lady!  Why must you apologize?! "

"Lady Bettina you are a Reinhart,  there's no need for you to do such thing! "

They protested.

I rolled my eyes internally.

"No,  it was my fault.  Sir Maxwell was just doing his duty and didn't notice me.  This much is nothing"

"Uhm.. I..  I'm sorry"

He once again said. 

Uh I'm getting head ache from this.

"As I said,  no need for apologies. It was,  after all my fault."

"Eh?! Ah!  Y-yes!  Yes!  Thank you!! "

He said in panic and picked the fallen books one by one.

I bend my body and was about to help him but the girls immediately pulled me away to keep me from doing such things.

At the end of the hallway,  a pair of two handsome boys was standing and apathetically watched the scene.

Oh well..

********

It's been months already and final exams are coming.

And thus,  I doubled my effort in studying.

(。ì _ í。)

For Midterms, I was able to secure the number 5 spot on the ranking out of 50 students in my grade. Which is the highest ranking I ever got all my life.

Well as for the two wonders,  Young Kord Lomiere secured the first spot while,  Lord Steffan secured the 2nd spot.

When I reported it to Mother and Father,  they just went "As Expected of a Reinhart"

Oi!  Can't you show a little appreciation towards your cute daughter?

And now,  for finals,  I'm aiming to get a higher spot. 

I'm ashamed when I said I already know the lessons for Primary students fufu!

(・´з'・)