Chapter 19

I am now looking at the ceiling thinking of ways what to do to avoid meeting a dangerous character this coming saturday.

Well,  I heard form Okaasama earlier that the Lomiere house sent and invitation for the birthday of Lomiere's Great Man. By great man,  it means,  the Previous master of Lomiere house. So basically,  it's Lomiere-sama's grandfather.

I called him dangerous just now it's because that man was the catalyst of Bettina's obsession towards Lomiere-sama.  As I said,  the novel 'Go Shine, Nikki'is a typical Cinderella story which a powerful rich prince fell in love with a commoner.

Lomiere-sama's Okaasama was not like those typical evil mother of a cinderella story. In fact,  his mother was a very sensible, kind and just kind of person. She detested the unjust which made her a very good mother.  In fact,  his mother somehow despised Bettina's unreasonable behavior especially towards the female lead. Lomiere-sama's Okaasama was in fact,  one of the reasons why Lomiere-sama and Nikki-sama able to pass the trials of their love and finally end up with each other at the end.

Lomiere-sama's father on the other hand was neutral.  He supports his son's decision however also respected his father's decision.

Great man Lomiere-sama is basically the last boss of the story. Lomiere-sama's grandfather is a proud man however detested the commoners for some bitter experiences and so,  his prejudice against the commoners was also applied towards Nikki-sama.  Lomiere-sama's grandfather met Bettina on his birthday banquet which will be held this saturday and took a liking towards Bettina believing,
only Bettina can match his grandson, be in terms of beauty and social status.  And therefore had told the young Bettina that when the time comes,  Bettina shall be Lomiere-sama's wife in the future.  And that triggers Bettina's obsession. Though I don't know what really happened in that Banquet for why Great Man Lomiere took a liking towards Bettina,  since this scene was only briefly shown in the novel during Bettina's life throwback.

However, it wasn't made public,  both families were aware of this.  Which made Lomiere-sama who was originally disliked Bettina,  disliked her even more and hated her eventually.

So to make it all short,  I should avoid meeting this old man or even avoid making a good impression so that he won't have such silly ideas that might sent me to doom later.

If the old man were to decide and let both family knows his idea of us getting engaged, Lomiere-sama who'll someday meet Nikki-sama and fall in love with her would think of me as a thorn in his throat that has to be eliminated.

And that won't happen if I'll just do things correctly!

Right~

Kekek!

*********

"How amazing Betti-sama! "

Said Krizzy which was seconded by Lizzy.

"Yes yes! To be invited on such grand occasion.  How lovely it is~"

Ugh this pair of twins (¬_¬)

"Betti-sama is after all,  a Reinhart,  and it's only natural for her to get such invitation. Ahh, good for you Betti-sama~"

Rosé added.  Uhh I was right when I thought I should not let them know about the invitation. But feeling guilty of me avoiding them just because of the silly rumours going around, which seem to have calm down and the girls didn't mentioned it,  I have decided to at least let them know a news that no one knows yet.

Ugh what an unwise move of mine though~

"Ehh? You think so? "

I asked and they all nodded their head in unison while clapping their hands together looking above as if wishing such thing would happen also to them.

"Oh my,  such occasion is truly rare.  Meeting the Great man of Lomiere house~"

Said Lizzy. Which is again,  seconded by her twin,  Krizzy.

"Right~ And such opportunity to show Betti-sama's noble character and have the great man arranged her with Lomiere-sama~"

"Indeed~"

Agreed Rosé.

"How wonderful~"

They all exclaimed in unison with dreamy face.

-_-#

*****

And so,  the day has finally arrived and I have decided a very silly thing to do in order to not make any good impression. 

Or wise to say,  in order to not attend the occasion.

Hehe.

(๑¯ω¯๑)

Just an hour before Okaasama would come knocking and nag me to get ready already, I sneak outside my room and went straight to the kitchen.

Seeing no one was inside,  I took some fruits which can cause me stomach ache and some effects when I drink some water after eating it.

I secretly munch the fruits as fast I could and immediately drank a lot of water that can cause an upset stomach.

Oi.  It's dangerous and must not be done at home keke!

I can't imagine I did an outrageous thing and went as far as compromising my own wellness just to avoid going to that occasion.

Oh well,  as the saying goes,  in order to achieve greater things,  one must sacrifice.

And I believe I'm doing the right thing at this moment hekhek!

I went back to my room and turned the ac colder. It was so freaking cold that I have to cover myself tightly with my blanket. 

I took some book and read it while waiting for the effect to come.  And a moment later,  I started to feel my stomach acting.  I immediately got out form my bed and took the remote as I switch the ac into the previous one.

And then,  when I finally felt my stomach getting upset,  I rushed towards the toilet and do my business.

My stomach was really upset and I feel so tired from going back and fort in the toilet.

I silently cried in my heart and praised myself at the same time for being brave enough to risk my stomach just to avoid going on that occasion.

A little later,  Okaasama came knocking and started nagging but as soon as she saw my deathly paled face. She immediately panicked and call for a physician.

The house was in rumbles and the maids was being questioned one by one if what foods did I eat to make me suffer like this and not to mention on such important day.

I closed my eyes and asked for forgiveness in my heart.

Huhu sorry guys~

(๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

****

Author's : Here it is. Hope y'all like it uwu~

Please leave a comment (●´з')♡