Chapter 20

"EHH!?! Such incident happened and on such important day?? "

"Betti-sama?  Just why on earth?"

Today,  Lizzy was not around and only Rosé and Krizzy was here with me.  They were very surprised after I told them what happened that day. I've told them since they can't stop asking about what happened in the birthday banquet and I answered them honestly.

I pursed my lips and nodded my head acting all dissapointed and such.

"My~ such unfortunate thing to happen"

"Betti-sama must be feeling very upset"

They said worriedly and tried coaxing me.  But deep inside me..

ヽ(´∀`)ノ

I am singing songs and dancing cheerfully that my scheme went very smoothly and succeed just like that. 

I'm so smart hehe ヾ(¯∇ ̄๑)

********

(Betti-chi~, do you have time this saturday?)

I frowned upon reading Maxwell-sama's message. I pursed my lips and starts typing.

"I have a class but at 2pm should be fine.  Something I can help you with? "

(Yosh,  meet me at Cafè Amore after your class then.  Ciao~)

I put my phone back in my pocket and clicked my tongue. It seems like,  Maxwell-sama's confidence really flew some heights huh? It feels like,  just yesterday he was all timid and shy towards me but now he starts inviting me out.

Oh well,  it's a good thing though.

However,  not for the girls. 

They kept telling me not to be too close to any other guy other than Lomiere-sama. They also specifically mentioned Maxwell-sama being too close to me and me being to comfortable with him. They're afraid that I might fell inlove with Maxwell-sama one day.

This kids..

-_-||

Maxwell-sama is just like a brother to me~

The very next day..

Saturday, it is and so I'll be meeting Maxwell-sama later,  I finished my lessons and had the chauffeur sent me to the meeting place.

At Café Amore..

As soon as I entered the café,  I saw Maxwell-sama there sitting at the corner with a calm expression.

I must admit that despite being only a 6th grade schooler,  Maxwell-sama had this calmess and elegance befitting of someone who was born into a wealthy family.

And speaking of which,  I recently learned from Maxwell-sama himself that he was originally invited to be a part of Haute Monde,  however, Maxwell-sama declined the offer since he believe that he's not suitable for such club.  The Haute Monde didn't take offense by Maxwell-sama's rejection,  instead they said that he's welcome to come and join anytime. 

I also learned that,  Maxwell-sama's family was actually that Maxwell family. One of the wealthiest family in the north and that's the only reason why Haute Monde didn't do anything against Maxwell-sama when he declined the offer despite of how prideful Haute Monde is. 

"Oh?  You're here,  Betti-chi. Good day! "

"Good day to you too Maxwell-sama"

I smiled and sat in front of him.  I noticed that he still didn't order anything and only had a glass of water. 

How considerate of him..

For some reason,  I felt my heart warming and so I smiled very warmly even though I almost forgot how to show such genuine smile after acting like someone who's befitting of an ojousama.

Oh well,  Maxwell-sama's the only person I could show the different side of me.

"Ah hehe.  Should we order first? "

He asked running his hand through his hair and I got lost there for a moment. That hobby of him really didn't fail to somehow mesmerize me.

Ah my maiden heart is shaking (ノ*>∀<)ノ♡

"Of course."

Maxwell-sama handed me the menu and I ordered some Ice Cappuccino and a slice of Red Velvet Cake. While Maxwell-sama ordered some Latte and a blueberry cheesecake.

Heeeh~ he's still a kid,  after all. 

"So,  what was it that you want me to help you with? Ne Maxwell-sama?"

After taking a sip of his latte, Maxwell-sama smiled brightly.

"Actually,  there's a girl I like"

"..."

Why?

I looked at him straight in the eyes and got lost in my thoughts.

Huh?

It's uncomfortable.

Somehow,  I don't want to talk about it..

Let's see.

What was that he said again?

There's a girl he likes?

Eh?

At that age?

So young?

Eh?

It's uncomfortable..

"Betti-chi?"

I snapped back to my sense when Maxwell-sama waved his hand in fronf of me.

I gulped and forced a smile.

"Eh? Ah! Yes,  I'm with you. So.. "

And so,  the talk went on and Maxwell-sama actually liked a girl from the other class.  She is the Class Rep of that section that's why Maxwell-sama often meet her during meetings and stuff. 

Maxwell-sama was asking me for advices like how to apporach her,  what are the gifts girls usually liked and stuff like that.

For the whole duration of our talk,  I am feeling nothing but uncomfortable.

As if there was a huge invisible thing blocking my throat that it made me had a hard time talking and even smiling that Maxwell-sama became worried and asked if something's wrong with me. For the first time in forever,  I don't feel like touching my food at all. 

Until we had finished our talk and all I did was gave him half hearted answers that made him conclude I wasn't well. And out of consideration he asked me to sent me home.

I agreed to that and only told him,  I was perhaps tired by the lesson which I took before I met with him.

Young as he is,  he believed me easily and sent me home earlier than I expected.

I am now laying in my bed and a sudden realization hit me.

It hit me like nothing else.

I clutched my heart and sighed.

"I just had my first heartbreak"

No wonder,  my girls kept reminding me about being too comfortable with him.

No wonder,  Maxwell-sama's the only guy I often myself looking for him and seeking for his advice.

I maybe young,  but love knows no age right?

I thought,  Maxwell-sama was just a brother.

A sighed once more and laughed bitterly.

"Ahh how frustrating"

*******

Author's: Puppy love's a cute exp right?  Have you guys tried it?   Thinking about it makes me cringe but at the same time laugh hekhek!

Comment down below keke~