3. Dying with dignity

His fist flies fast like the wind towards my cheekbone, and I can hear how it crunches. I don't make a single little noise; all I can do is keep defending myself. I won't allow my tears to fall; I manage to get a punch that makes him fall backward on the ground.

This time I don't have time to react until I can feel his foot against my knee fold. Now it's my turn to fall back and hit my head against the ground. He doesn't hesitate a second before he straddles me and gives me punches after punches in the face.

When his hands are around my neck, squeezing away all my oxygen supply, he screams, "SUBMIT!" at me. I get pissed off by his words and elbows him hard at his temples. He flies off me with a roar of anger, and I can see him prepare; as a lightning from a clear sky, he transforms himself into a wolf.

As I mentioned earlier, fighting a wolf is quite different than fighting a human being. I need to focus on how he moves and try to anticipate his next move. We continue to circulate each other, both of us are tired. To my advantage, he is more drained than I am because he is both older than me and weighs more than I do.

However, it's in his favor that I don't have as much experience as him and that I can't shift. Suddenly, I feel someone take hold of me from behind, and before I know it, my alpha begins attacking me. I can both see and feel how the blood leaves my body as it flows down my leg.

He bites me in the same place I have my injury, and I give him a smirk. I look at him, and I can feel the laughter bubbling out of me. The other pack members look at me as if I lost my mind and who knows, maybe I have. I will still die here and now, because my alpha can't even fight me without cheating.

"Is this all you can do, you creep?" I say, and continue to laugh.

Whoever holds me down has now let go, and I can see that my alpha is preparing for the last bite. I close my eyes and embrace the pain that spreads throughout my body as he rips my throat. The blood circulates in my mouth; it isn't a killing bite, which makes him shift and grab my hair.

"You will show me respect, you whore!" he screams and punches my face with his hand; my left cheek burns by the impact of his broad palm, I keep laughing at him. "What's so fucking funny?" he roars while tears flow down my cheeks after all the laughing.

"You, your pathetic excuse of a man. You're disgusting as a person, and I'll never respect you," I answer, and he's staring at me.

"You did it once..." he says, and I spit in his face.

"It's possible that I respected you as an alpha once upon a time, but I have never respected you as a person," I shout and can hear the others gasp; before anyone can stop me, I keep talking. "You've never cared about me, not even when my family was still alive. Have you told the others about the promise you gave my father?" I give him a knowing look while he begins to look nervous and looks anxiously around. "It's self-evident that you haven't, maybe I should do it, or what do you say?"

I take this opportunity and grab his throat before I throw him back. My reaction is lightning-fast, and I straddle him, holding his arms to the ground. I bend my head down and whisper:

"You deserve to rot in a cell; there is a special place in hell for people like you. Now I give you a chance to survive, submit!" I scream the last part.

Before I have time to react, my ankle is in the mouth of another wolf. My blood flows out of its mouth, and I immediately recognize who it is. It's our luna. If anyone, she should know better than to interrupt a fight for the alpha title, primarily since she fought her way to her place as luna.