26. Time for authority

Aleida POV

The next morning I wake up and feel completely hollow inside. The room I'm in is, thank God, empty if you ignore me and the hospital equipment. After the information that the woman told me in the void while I was unconscious, I can't do much else but feel betrayed. My mates have been with someone else.

The point of a mate bond is that we'll do everything together. They're my first and will be my last, naive of me to believe that it's as important to them as it's to me. I know it was a bad idea to agree to this; I should never have accepted them as my mates.

After all, it's me who's hurt, as usual. Happiness is no longer something I ask or miss because I know that there's no point in wishing for something I will never have. The moon goddess doesn't want me to be happy, and I can only follow her unspoken will.

Just such a thing that my mates aren't even here when I wake up shows how little they care. How am I supposed to forgive them for what they've done? With shaky hands, I disconnect the machines from my body and put on my bloody clothes lying on a chair next to the bed.

That's probably the clothes I was wearing when I came in. My wolf is hurt and angry at our mates; she growls loudly to anyone who even dares to look in our direction when I walk through the corridors. I can't even begin to explain the wrath I feel inside me. My legs take me to the big packhouse.

My mates are in here; they must be. I follow their scents and ignore all the whispers of the members I meet on my way to my alpha's office; I don't knock; I kick the door open. The whole room is full of alphas from the neighborhood, and they all gaze at me.

I growl loudly when I see the shocked faces of my mates. I walk up to them and slap them before I turn around to step out of the door.

"Please, baby, we didn't even know you had woken up yet, I swear!" Miliano exclaims, with an imploring voice.

"You have shown me exactly everything I needed to know about you; I am done with you now," I answer coldly and turn around again to walk when Kian grabs my shoulder with a growl.

He challenges my authority, and it pisses my wolf off! I growl back and use for the first time my alpha aura that spreads throughout the room. It's sixteen men in the room and me.

"Please, Aleida, my luna... Tell me what's wrong so we can fix it!" Kian screams at me with pure agony in his voice.

"The girl you guys slept with came to visit," I say and smile sugar sweet; I can see the faces of my brothers, my mates, and their betas show shock. "I know everything and never want to see you again..."

"Aleida, please let us explain, we..."

"IT'S ALPHA ALEIDA TO YOU, GET ON YOUR KNEES!" I scream angrily, and Kian immediately stands on his knees in front of my feet; he has no choice; I'm his and everyone else's alpha.

"Baby girl..." Miliano's trying to calm me down.

"You have no idea what you've done, Milo..." I say, now tears fall down my cheeks.

"What are you talking about?" Miliano asks me with confusion.

"She put a curse upon you, and you fulfilled it."

"But how? I don't understand."

"You can't mark anyone but her; if you do it anyway..." I begin, my voice full with sadness at the thought of all I'll leave behind.

"We never wanted to hurt you," Kian says.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

"What do you mean?" Miliano asks, horrified.